Hog kill 22Lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying to sell or trade a 22-250 and someone mentioned hogs. I said I dunno... it might be a little light for hogs. Then I thought, well I guess they shoot them with .223 all the time.

If I was going to hunt them, I'd probably use my AR-15 in .300 blk though.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pigman isn't sure that the .177 pellet won't kill a three hundred pound bore. We just saw it kill a ten pound piglet, so why not? I'd like to see him leave that blind and wade the brush in search of that three hundred pound bore hog.

Just kidding. That actually looks like fun. No noise to scare them away. Solid rest in a solid blind. Great set-up.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.223 55 gr V-Max is poison on every deer and hog I shot and my buddy shot.
I almost hate to say it but it is my go to most of the time.

I performed penetration tests on meat and steel and other objects and it was very impressive and lacking NOTHING so I tried it on A big hog and deer. The majority fall over like in the video.
Shot placement is key. I have done behind the shoulder and exploded the heart and no more than 15 feet and the animal is down.

I used to toss stones at the little .223 because I was bigger is better and long barrels are best.
I like short and stupid accurate barrels and small explosive projectiles now.

The gun that left me tracking more deer in my life is the 30-30.
Way before I realized there are places to hit an animal and make it fall right over.

I like watching all those videos of small stuff killing just fine.
Thanks for posting guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom