Hog Trapping How To

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope the fine hair is a lie in my opinion. They have the most coarse hair of anything, I have cleaned. Skin them and the hair isn't an issue.

Gotcha, thanks. Guess I'll have to kill one and find out if it's actually more difficult to clean them. Don't seem to have populations that stick in Cleveland county, yet.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UMB (my older brother) is coming to help me set up the trap next weekend. I will try and photograph our technique for posterity here. We are definitely amateurs but we are blessed to have amazing guidance. (Thanks OSA/Bassin). We may/probably fail miserably at first but we will figure it all out, I'm sure. Any advice? Where is Rooster? I know that dude has advice....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
...............my only advise, if you're short legged like myself, make sure you have a plan to be able to shoot into the trap. Those taller guys aren't going to wait on you long to find a good firing location :)

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could care less about shooting hog in a trap. My son and UMB will probably only care about the shooting. I will leave that up to them. Clean pork and a clean lawn are my goal. Destructive SOB's. I will never see the end of it. They (the hogs) are coming off of Corp of Engineers land that is off limits for hunting.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I could care less about shooting hog in a trap. My son and UMB will probably only care about the shooting. I will leave that up to them. Clean pork and a clean lawn are my goal. Destructive SOB's. I will never see the end of it. They (the hogs) are coming off of Corp of Engineers land that is off limits for hunting.

My comment was said jokingly, with a touch of truth. I didn't catch in any of your posts that you were opposed to shooting trapped hogs, sorry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom