Anybody still trap furbearers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's my situation - property is 2 hours away. Will just trap on the nights that I'll be staying. So, don't plan on getting more than 3-6 per night but will be there a week in the spring to clear food plots and again for a week in the fall to plant. Have to take what I can when I can to "try" and get under control. If it's going to be in triple digits, I'll need more marshmallows!
Legally you have to check your traps every 24 hours. Or it used to be. Might want to check that.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could loan you a dozen coon cuffs sometime.
Very much appreciate the offer. May take you up on it later this year.
Legally you have to check your traps every 24 hours. Or it used to be. Might want to check that.
As much as I hate raccoons, I can't let them starve to death in a foot trap or get killed by buzzards or coyotes while trapped. Will only set traps when I'm available to check them so should be within the 24 hour regulation. Thanks for bringing that up - hadn't thought about legality.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are conibears legal in Ok yet? I know they sell them here along with snares
  • Legal traps: Box traps; smooth-jawed, singlespring, foot-hold steel traps with a jaw spread no greater than eight inches; smooth-jawed, double-spring offset jawed, foot-hold steel traps with a jaw spread no greater than eight inches; enclosed trigger traps (dog-proof traps). Any trap not listed here is illegal.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make that 110 since July.
20220128_134244.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to know a good place to buy about a dozen of these Duke Dog proof traps.
Scheels seems to have almost the lowest price

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have someone close that buys furs, they may be set up to give you a good deal on some dog proofs.

I’ve got a buddy that is in the fur business down at Wynnewood if you’re close to there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom