Hog Trapping: Round 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jees!!!! What is that, like a hundred hogs now?
Looks like alot of fun, or maybe after the first 10, alot of work.
Keep it up, I enjoy watching your progress.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head! It is fun and I do enjoy it, and the biggest reason, it helps out all the local farmers and ranchers. Farmers and ranchers are grateful and allow me to hunt on them (free of charge!), so works out for everyone. But yes, it is a lot of work, and it isn't always clean and easy. Yesterday I gave them all a lead injection, so there are 4 pigs in the trap bleeding and flopping around. I had to crawl to the back of the trap (I learned not to shoot them at the front of the trap cause then you have dead weight blocking the door!) and drag them all out. By the time it was all said and done, I was covered in blood and smelled like a porker... which may have been an improvement in the way I usually smell. hehe

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was covered in blood and smelled like a porker... which may have been an improvement in the way I usually smell. hehe

I killed a hog down in SE Okla. many years ago.
When we cleaned it, it was the most god awfull smell I'd ever experienced.
Pretty much stuck with deer after that.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, some of them have that "not so fresh" smell. I've caught 300 pound boars that are just fine, and had some 50 pounders that stink to high heaven. Not really sure what it is that causes the stink in some and not others. Heard many theories...

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the last photo, I love the blood dripping from the panel closet to the camera. That cracks me up! Plus I hate.....hate....hate......those nasty problem causer, food plot terrorist!

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Roosta - We got food plot terrorists on the loose!!! Save the women and children from them terrorists!!! Pull out dem 50 cals and heat em up. Mount twin .30's on the handlebars of the 4 wheeler or better yet mount a side car with twin .30's. WWWWWWOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOO we gonna have some fun this winter.Strafing runs on the clover and brassicas fields. We have a NEW eco-terrorist to eliminate. A perverted pork plunderer pursuing pristine pastures of plump plantings. WWWWWOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I an tired from pulling that one out of a dark place.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hadn't been much action round the traps lately. Nor has there been much effort on my part. I have been keeping them baited daily, but I haven't moved the traps around to keep things interesting. Caught this little turd a few days ago.

[Broken External Image]

Had these come in Wednesday night. They were some of the poorest, skinniest lookin pigs I have seen.

[Broken External Image]

I am about to shut this project down after next week and start bow huntin. I have a new trap in the works that I will probably be testing shortly though. I am excited about it, it is a BEAST. 16' x 8' trap in two sections with a guillotine door in the middle between the two sections, two trap doors on the ends. The reasoning behind the monstrous trap is, it is going to be pretty much be a permanent fixture on the river bottom. There will always be pigs here, so we need an appropriate means of gathering all the pigs. Secondly, this will allow us to gather large numbers at a time (hopefully!), and make it so we can have a catch pen to keep live decoys in while we continue to catch pigs in the other end. I will take some pictures when it is complete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom