Home elevators ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhino2u

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Greetings. Have made decision to stay in longtime family home; problem two story home. Looking into residential elevators to deal with senior years.
Would appreciate any information on contractors that deal with elevators or lifts.
Thanks .

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is good to plan for those later years, ou never know what may or could happen to the old body. Take your aspirin daily, watch the blood pressure and watch the bank account.
Here's what I found on Ebay:
Wheelchair Platform Lift/Elevator $2,495.00
SAVARIA K2(MPLS,STP) Chair Lift, Stair Lift, Stairlift, Chairlift NEW+ INSTALL. $9,999.00
Different kinds of disable lift platforms or home elevator $3580.00 (China)

Then they have one of those stair climbing sit-down chairs from China but if it were me, I'd flip over in one of those or it'd stop half-way up the stairs and I'd be stuck until one of the kids come to get money. So I wouldn't be stuck very long...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAVARIA-K2...578184?hash=item2f0d5bba48:g:~PQAAOSw-jFZ63oB

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, I just happened to think (it happens sometimes) if you're a veteran, maybe the VA would install a chair lift for you? I remember a guy that was flat on his back permanently and the VA gave him a computer that he could open his doors, adjust the thermostat, make calls, pay his bills and buy things on Ebay among other things.. You might check on this if you're a veteran and service-connected.

rhino2u

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, I just happened to think (it happens sometimes) if you're a veteran, maybe the VA would install a chair lift for you? I remember a guy that was flat on his back permanently and the VA gave him a computer that he could open his doors, adjust the thermostat, make calls, pay his bills and buy things on Ebay among other things.. You might check on this if you're a veteran and service-connected.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can’t get the pic to upload. Are you wanting to sit down in a chair and ride up the stairs? I would be happy to help you determine your options and potential cost. The kits have the space requirements. You just need room between the wall and railing for the track, chair and your knees.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom and dad had one of those sit down chairs for their stairs for 25 years. Grandma had it for 5 years before that. It's long gone now in the estate sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom