Heart problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hang in there, Buddy. The numbers can be disheartening, but remember that the 20% ejection rate is not a percentage of what a heart is capable. A 50% ejection rate is basically how much blood is pumped out of a normal heart compared to the total volume of what a heart contains. So, a 20% ejection rate is actually 40% of what a normal heart pumps out. It's still not a "comforting" number, but is more accurate compared to what a normal heart pumps out.

Bottom line, a 20% ejection rate is 40% efficiency.

I don't have CHF, but my heart has suffered damage from 3 heart attacks over the last 27 years, including triple bypass surgery, a few stents here and there, and my ejection rate is around 35%, which means that my heart is still at 70% efficiency. Once I figured out the "truth", my anxiety level dropped well below the level of worrying about the next election!

Woody

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If conditions worsen, remember there are other docs/facilities to go to. Sometimes an advanced chf patient will be told by their doc that there is nothing more that can be done regarding treatments. We’ve had chf patients who were given no hope by their docs, come to a heart center for advanced treatment. We’ve sent patients with EF’s in the 20’s home on inotropes, like a primacor infusion, that later received an LVAD. So there are always options. Research & dont give up hope.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey friends I been dealing with some heart problems (congestive heart failure) and was wondering if you have this problem or someone you know does what kind of diet are you all on or they? I have an injection rate of 28 percent I guess normal is between 55 and 70? I don’t like talking about my personal problems on somewhere in the open but over the years I have made some dam good friends and would appreciate any input got another grandchild will be here in September first granddaughter hope to be around to meet her not asking for sympathy just some advice thanks
Prayers

Get a book called reverse heart disease NOW. Concentrate on Ubiquinol and then also read about the other important supplements for CHF:

https://heartmdinstitute.com/diet-nutrition/the-awesome-foursome/
You can probably find a protocol (do your own research) and I believe though dated, the book lists some details as well.

Last edited:

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was diagnosed almost 20 years ago.

1. Cut salt
a . Processed foods are loaded with salt

2. Exercise, walking is best thing you can do

3. Cut out Stress, hard to do, but it really matters.

We eat what we want, steak, bacon, fish, chicken, FRESH vegetables and fruits. Watch salt intake, cut all the sugar possible. We have switched to coconut sugar in coffee. No sodas. Lots of water.

As mentioned, research!
The cutting sugar can help. Use Stevia or truvia, they are plant sugars that can help with out the bad effects.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have CHD and am working through it. I am on a good health diet for diabetes, No sugar and low carb. Getting some exercise and drinking a lot of water. The same things work for both problems. Finding a really good heart doctor and work with them. Thanks for bring this up, it can help me and others. God Bless

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had cardiomyopathy, left ventricular hypertrophy, Left anterior fascicular block, Left ventricular hypertrophy with QRS widening Nonspecific T wave abnormality, Abnormal ECG, coronary artery disease for over a decade and still around.

Caliber 1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I've had cardiomyopathy, left ventricular hypertrophy, Left anterior fascicular block, Left ventricular hypertrophy with QRS widening Nonspecific T wave abnormality, Abnormal ECG, coronary artery disease for over a decade and still around.
I am 83, have heart disease and had a heart attack in 2011 with one stent. All these suggestions are helpful, but I would tell you that if you believe in God and Jesus Christ is your Savior and you pray to him in faith believing, you would amazed at his healing power. I have been healed of cancer through his healing power, not doctors or medicine. He works miracles in our lives if we believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom