Heart problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey friends I been dealing with some heart problems (congestive heart failure) and was wondering if you have this problem or someone you know does what kind of diet are you all on or they? I have an injection rate of 28 percent I guess normal is between 55 and 70? I don’t like talking about my personal problems on somewhere in the open but over the years I have made some dam good friends and would appreciate any input got another grandchild will be here in September first granddaughter hope to be around to meet her not asking for sympathy just some advice thanks

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad had that and it eventually took him but he lived a long while with it. His Dr. had him on a low sodium diet and a measured amount of water per day. Other than that I think he ate whatever he wanted.

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your CHF. Cardiac/CHF diets are usually low salt with sometimes fluid restriction. Med compliance is also critical, and you may be asked to check daily weights & make med adjustments based on weights/fluid retention.
FWIW, Integris has a CHF institute with the only LVAD program in the state. Dr. Doug Horstmanshof is brilliant & he would be my doc if I had CHF.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your CHF. Cardiac/CHF diets are usually low salt with sometimes fluid restriction. Med compliance is also critical, and you may be asked to check daily weights & make med adjustments based on weights/fluid retention.
FWIW, Integris has a CHF institute with the only LVAD program in the state. Dr. Doug Horstmanshof is brilliant & he would be my doc if I had CHF.
Going to a dr Cook in Bartlesville they switched all my meds around the one they didn’t switch they doubled kind of confused on the restrictive water she said I know it sounds weird but drink plenty of water the doctor in Bartlesville is with St. John ascenion

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey friends I been dealing with some heart problems (congestive heart failure) and was wondering if you have this problem or someone you know does what kind of diet are you all on or they? I have an injection rate of 28 percent I guess normal is between 55 and 70? I don’t like talking about my personal problems on somewhere in the open but over the years I have made some dam good friends and would appreciate any input got another grandchild will be here in September first granddaughter hope to be around to meet her not asking for sympathy just some advice thanks
I agree with OKC Bob about finding a really good doctor/hospital. Get a second or third opinion on what you were told and get consulted to a dietitian. From what Bob said about Integris I’d definitely check them out. I have a friend that had an ejection fraction in the 20’s and she’s still doing fine after quite a long time. Matter of fact I just checked on her and she’s still working. I believe she was diagnosed 5 or more years ago.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had an ejection fraction of 30-35 for at least 10 years and possibly all my life due to a left bundle branch block (the nerve on the left ventricle doesn't pass a full signal to the heart muscle to contract).
I have no symptoms from it; no enlarged heart or blocked arteries, but technically they say I have congestive heart failure.
I take one med, carvedilol, that is supposed to make it easier for my heart to pump so the ejection fraction will go up.
At 70 years old I don't worry about it much.
I lean towards the keto/low carb/high fat nutritional model but can't say I follow it very well. I take red yeast rice and exercise regularly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom