Home insurance - who do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was on usaa for renters had a potential claim they took it over (was a personal injury type) with no proof and no way to occur without trespassing - they settled on the claim for more than the suit asked and then dropped me without intervention from me.

Now I go through Geico for renters and the cars and not happy but it works.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have State Farm. I use Terry Cavnar in Moore. I have 3 houses, a travel trailer/lake property, 2 cars and 2 commercial properties with them. I also have worker's comp and a life insurance policy with them. I shop the whole package about every 2 years just to make sure their rates are still competitive. So far, no one else has come close.

This is our agent as well. We came from Farmers after no claims and constant increases each year but yet no claims and or tickets.

We are happy now and have even better coverage than we had before.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No matter who you are currently with or who you plan to go with, the agent makes ALL the difference in the world. Some agents will actually do what they're suppose to do and some are satisfied with doing the bare minimum which can devastate you if you are not insurance savvy and know EXACTLY what your policy covers.

I have my autos, personal house and some rentals with Farmers...mainly due to my agent and what my policies cover and how they do their claims process. I used to be an agent, so I know what an agent should do and how an insurance company should act. During the MWC wildfires, my neighbors wished they had Farmers rather than their carriers...with possibly the exception of USAA.

FYI...my agent told me that Farmers has a new auto policy coming out that will lower premiums.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...the agent makes ALL the difference in the world.

I used to be really loyal to my old Allstate agent. He was great. Heck, he was like a family member. I had my auto insurance with him for about 25 years. I never even shopped around. Then he wasn't the guy answering the phone anymore. Guess he is semi-retired now. Anyway, I decided to shop my car insurance and found out he was charging me $800 more a year than I needed to be paying. I don't mind paying a bit more for great service, but that was ridiculous!

Paulinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
AAA on my house and 3 autos.... got it 3 years ago after getting quotes from all the big names. I've met the agent once, usually deal with the lady at the front desk. I've had 3 claims my rate increased a bit but much less than i expected, overall very happy with AAA. Plus we get a discount if we remember to ask just about everywhere, lol....we seldom remember.

Latest posts

Top Bottom