Home Protection until I know how to shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyoakley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received an email from my neighborhood association and since Thanksgiving there has been 2 thefts two blocks behind me. Someone walked right into a garage and broke into a vehicle and took laptop and other items, then just this week a truck was left on blocks and the 20" rims were stolen. I won't touch on that!!! I park my car in the garage, I am only home in the evening and sometimes it is late when we come in from school functions, etc... When My daughter is gone on weekends and I come home late I tend to search the house and get OCD on the door locking, this is very unhealthy and time consuming.

Now, I don't live in the worst hood, I live in Edmond, but I don't use a gun yet and if I had one for protection I would most likely end up on the wrong end of it! I have a stun gun at work, but if faced with a gun or knife, that stun will not be helpful.

I need to have a few options in my house so that I could get myself and daughter out while cops are called. A big dog is one option (Kim Jong Un dog?) but that is a daily expense. I have the big psycho knife too, but that requires getting close. I hear that many men think redheads are loco, so I could just yell that to an intruder "I am a crazy redhead!"

Bag of sand and tobasco sauce and my tennis shoes might be the safest until I know how to use a weapon.

Anything?

Last edited:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A can of pepper spray, industrial size if you like, with a very long reach (some shoot 20-30 feet)

Works wonders on intruders, is less than lethal and gives you the chance to get out of the home after disabling the invader almost instantly and for a workable length of time.

missyoakley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A can of pepper spray, industrial size if you like, with a very long reach (some shoot 20-30 feet)

Works wonders on intruders, is less than lethal and gives you the chance to get out of the home after disabling the invader almost instantly and for a workable length of time.

Ahhh, yes, perfect and all it requires is aiming it the other way and not running through the mist. I like that.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_czqTwgR.jpg

or

i.imgur.com_ETSKCCA.gif

or

i.imgur.com_XlBH1mR.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I fell to the Darkside and married into the NWO, I had a baseball bat. I know at least one fella who will NEVER look at a strange woman in her bedroom the same way ever again ... :naughty: He's lucky I wasn't as angry as I am now ... Back then I was young and still thought people were salvagable ... I only broke his arm and probaby bruised some kidneys up pretty good ... Now ... Now, I'm afraid they'd have to scrap him up outta the hallway with a pooper scooper ... :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trick is to let the fear turn to anger. Once you go from Point F to Point A, those poor guys are fawked ... :lookaroun I can make the transition instantaneously now ... :wink2: Practice makes perfect! :D

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good security system, with remote monitoring for those late night arrivals home (nice to know if the place has been broken into before you walk up to the door), good exterior lighting, good locks and reinforced lock plates/hinges (can be done in 10 minutes with a drill and the right screws), good blinding handheld flashlight, baseball bat, the mindset of a lioness protecting her cubs, and a well practiced plan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom