Homeless man with "Golden Voice" got a job and free house!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not being a very trusting person I at first,and am still not 100%,did not trust this guy. Looked like he was really scamming it up. But he's getting cleaned up ( betcha his teeth get fixed real soon...),he got to see his 90 yr old mommy after 10 years estranged (all because he didnt like her 'preaching' to him about his 'situation'...) and he is working on reconnecting with his 9 children (Ive been trying to figure out how he's gonna catch up on his child support and all of that back support. He better get some movie deals...).

Now maybe this will also give hope to alot of the other homeless people out there. You know alot of them are hoping that maybe they will be 'discovered' too,or at the very least get off the streets and back into society as productive citizens.

So the guy has a criminal record,big deal,so do alot of people nowadays. It didnt seem like anything I saw that he did was anything really big and bad,just drug use and small crimes,and yaa there were some felonies,dont know what for. So he ****ed up,as have alot of people in prison now and guys who are out of prison looking to change their lives and trying to do the right thing. If we dont give them another chance,or in some guys cases,chances, then all prison and the system really is is actually a revolving door. And we're the ones paying for it (see where Mississippi Gov Barber commented on how they were spending $100k a year on the womans medical care who is being released with the bad organ? Thats nuts...). And the prison population in Oklahoma is exploding clear out of proportion. I just read how Oklahoma had like 85 over 50 yr olds locked up in prison in 1980 and we now have almost 4,000 with more than 5,000 projected in 3 more years. Thats really ****ed up. Petty theft,personal use drug crimes,white collar business crime,small embezzlements,etc, I think more community programs should be implemented. Get them back to being productive and on the tax rolls. For sure murder,rape,crimes against children,burglaries,assaults and violent acts like home invasions and robberies with firearms,drug dealing,etcetc, those guys and gals should get locked up with some heavy time. But to read that people with mental problems who were just let out on the streets when places like Vinita and Hissom closed with no where to go are now in prison or on the streets homeless, thats just sad.

Anyways,now thanx to this guy theres gonna be a lot of good entertainment on the corners from now on and will probably be worth tossin em a few bucks. Probably gonna get to see alot of juggling,singing,drumming,guitar pickers and violinists while waiting for the light to change. I remember back when the 2 street kids in NYC who beat on trash cans got 'discovered' and went on later to do some real recording in a studio. Just imagine the undiscovered talent that could be out there waiting to be discovered besides all of the people who are now posting their 'talents' on UTube (Justin Beiber and the singing kid from Edmond on Ellen DeGeneres show come to mind...) to try and be discovered. Seems to me like every one is trying to get their 15 minutes of fame or looking for it even more today than ever before. Entertainment looks to be the biggest industry we have going these days,besides WalMarts,customer service call centers, and the internet.:soapbox:

Latest posts

Top Bottom