House Weighs Bill to Make Gun Permits Valid Across State Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look for the usual suspects to load it up with poison pill anti-gun restrictive amendments, especialy in the Senate.
Doubt we'll see an acceptable bill before the next election.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Foes also said that the law could allow violent offenders to hold on to their weapons.

Excluding states that allow unlicensed carry (which even then may or may not have certain restrictions), how many violent offenders are allowed to legally carry firearms?

I thought this bill was addressing lawfully carrying citizens only?

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I cross state lines into a state that respects my CC permit, what does it matter? If I cross into a state that doesn't allow CC, then I'm at fault for carrying where I shouldn't. Seems easy enough to me.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While it could be seen as a win for CCW holders...it can also be seen as yet another blow to State's rights.

But hell, most of our States are just shills for the Federal monster anymore anyway so why not.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While it could be seen as a win for CCW holders...it can also be seen as yet another blow to State's rights.

But hell, most of our States are just shills for the Federal monster anymore anyway so why not.

That's the predicament. Although I agree that most states are hopelessly addicted to federal money (and who can really blame them seeing as a portion of that money came from taxes paid by their residents) I just don't know if I can endorse something that pits the 2nd and 10th amendments against one another. Honestly, I believe that the 2nd amendment prohibits both federal and state governments from infringing on the right to bear arms, but I don't think I'll ever live to see the day when all measures that infringe on this basic right are abolished at all levels of government. If someone has to do it, I think I'd rather it be the states. Uncle Sam could use a sizeable reduction in his span of authority.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enter the age old argument about whether or not the Constitution and it's amendments were meant to be "incorporated" to apply to the States....we can't have it multiple ways with different amendments, IMHO, just because we like one particular amendment. Either the Constitution is soley a restraint put on the Federal government by the States, or it is a restraint put on all levels of government.

It's a bigger issue than CCW permits being recognized...and I doubt it will ever be settled to everyone's satisfaction.

pills510

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My license should be recognized by every other state. If a license is good in one state is should be allowed across the US. With the exception of marriage licenses because... Oh wait we
dont want gays being married in Oklahoma.

States rights FTW!

Latest posts

Top Bottom