Household hint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, guys & girls! I finally have something to contribute.

I have discovered a new (to me) use for Breakfree CLP. I had not sharpened the blades on my monster lawn mower for two or three seasons because I COULDN'T GET THE BLASTED BLADES OFF. I had let it sit out too much and the nuts were frozen. I couldn't get them off even with a six foot cheater. I had tried three kinds of nut buster and even put antifreeze and other slippery stuff on the nuts to soak, I'd tried a torch and a low-powered impact wrench, all to no avail. My daughter's boyfriend offered to help last weekend, but all he could contribute was another wrench which didn't help any.

It occurred to me that I had something in my gun stuff that might be just the ticket. While the kids went for beer, I slurped some Break Free CLP on there and let it sit for just about ten or fifteen minutes, applied my 6 foot cheater, and CRACK! I dropped all three blades before the kids got back with the beer.

I had just about decided not to use CLP for my gun cleaning because it was so messy (at least the way I was using it). But next time I went to Wal-Mart I picked up another can just to keep it around the house.

Dad would've been proud . . .

Sky.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you should have let the kids try really hard first before going to get beverages and then put the nuts back on loose and pulled a "hulk" moment or something and put on a show about getting mad at the mower and showing it who the boss is etc... then crank them off with what appears to them to be ease after you put your "old man strong" on it!

:)

doesn't hurt to keep 'em guessing and in awe of pops.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you should have let the kids try really hard first before going to get beverages and then put the nuts back on loose and pulled a "hulk" moment or something and put on a show about getting mad at the mower and showing it who the boss is etc... then crank them off with what appears to them to be ease after you put your "old man strong" on it!

:)

doesn't hurt to keep 'em guessing and in awe of pops.

I would have done a magic spell....

Latest posts

Top Bottom