How are your savings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the amount you have saved gone up or down since 2020?

• Up

Votes: 45 62.5%
  • Down

Votes: 27 37.5%

• Total voters

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, when we finally leave this life we don't even know we're dead, at least no one tells us on this earth. We lie in state and everyone lines up, leans over and looks at us and says, "doesn't he look good dead?" If we could only answer they'd be surprised! Maybe I'll put a small speaker in the box with me and have someone speak something and scare them...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My best advice for anyone, if your younger than 60, invest in a S&P500 index mutual fund. I went through Vanguard and started a ROTH IRA, there are minimal fees and its easy. The SP has averaged 12% compound interest over the history of it. When Trump was in office mine was doing 36% and even now in this crap economy its still doing 11.9% for this year.
With compound interest, time is your best friend.
Google Compound interest calculator and just play with numbers as far as contributions and years, use 12% as the interest rate and the results may make your head spin.
This is how millionaires are made without that silver spoon.
I wish I had known this when I was 21 first starting out. I'd be a MULTI millionaire now

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always tell people "I'm an elderly senior citizen on a fixed income". But hardly get any sympathy. Never made good money but I saved, invested wisely, and we are comfortable. No debt but don't own BIG things either. God's plan for us. We eat in alot but I try to purchase good food. Rarely buy steak, too expensive. Just hit 48 years married this week.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excess household savings have fallen the last 23 months. The FED is saying that savings dropped from 2.1 trillion in 2021 to 190 billion in July and is falling 100 billion a month.

Savings will be depleted by the end of September.

How are yours?
Mine are fine, we are simple folk with simple wants.
No debt, when we started,35 years ago, the Wifey and I agreed to never borrow, for anything.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom