How Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I met my wife in junior high. I had a big crush on her but was very shy so I never asked her out until we were seniors in high school and I had already gotten all the shyness out of my system by having a kid with a psycho. Luckily I opened my eyes and realized that my daughters mother was in fact Shiva the destroyer. Me and the mrs. have been together ever since and couldn't be more happy. Had she not came into my life I honestly think I would be dead and there are other things she helped me accomplish that I do not wished to be judged upon by the masses because I am a completely different person now. When we were in college I found her old junior high yearbook & under my name she wrote EWWW! FREAK THAT LIKES ME! Guess I got the last laugh.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blind date on 15 Feb 1986 when I was stationed in Norfolk. She lived in DC and we met through a mutual friend. Married a few weeks later and that was over 26 years ago. Military career, six children, numerous moves under our belts and we are still going strong.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won mine in a seedy back room poker game. I was drunk, she was a looker, and so I bluffed my way through to the river with a 7 2 off suit. I laid my pink slip on the table and ended up with 15 years of hell as a prize.

Should have folded and walked home.

Doug,

I totally agree with Ridge on this one. Your butthurt has greatly increased the quality of your posts, but I'm not saying that they weren't good before!

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I didn't say this in the other threads but we were introduced to each other by mutual "friends" ... Apparently I was good enough for GC to bang like a screen door in a hurricane but not good enough for him to marry ... As once he proposed they spent an inordinate amount of time trying to break us up ... Nope, we're not friends with those friends anymore ...

I found out several years later that the office I worked at (the one with the "God Squad") had a pool going ... Nobody gave us 6 months ... We've been together almost 15 years now ...

Was this during or post bandana days? If it was during, then I can see the whole screen door thing!

Ha!

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think I posted in the other thread but anyway

We met on the craigslist, I posted my best sexy ass cowboy picture and the girls came a runnin, and she was the only one that wasn't out of her mind.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I posted in the other thread but anyway

We met on the craigslist, I posted my best sexy ass cowboy picture and the girls came a runnin, and she was the only one that wasn't out of her mind.

really? I always wondered if anyone had any luck with that approach. How long you been together?

Latest posts

Top Bottom