How Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit her over the head with a club and dragged her back to my cave.

But seriously.

I got her with a stun gun.

OK, for reals now.

I was a senior in high school, she was a sophomore. This was 2002. I didn't want a girlfriend because I had this grand idea of what college was going to be like, complete with girls and bedroom victories, etc. But, while at a local concert, this little blonde caught my eye and we became friends, then a couple. She's my best friend and the love of my life.

We married in June 2012, and we celebrated a decade together in October.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I was around in the 60's.
Don't remember much of it though.
The saying is; if you remember the 60's you weren't really there.....

Oh yeah, my wife and I met at work.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She is still my girlfriend but....Met her when i was on a second date with another girl. First date with said girl was nice quiet and such. The second we went out on the town ended up at a bar. She was total lightweight had 3 beers and was WASTED. And she was not the fun drunk, she was down right annoying and I was really way to sober to deal with it. During that little bit i went talking with some friends of mine I saw there. Met Valerie, we danced a bit, had few beers (she could handle her booze), talked, and exchanged numbers. I went home, sent my stumbling drunk date home with her friend never really talked to her again lol. About two weeks later Valerie and I started hanging out, some dates here and there, come up to our farm for a bbq, ect. after about month of that started dating. Been together 2 years and 2 months.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mine worked at a friends flower shop. I had been divorced for a while and she was younger than me. chased her around the flower shop for a hour trying to get her alone to ask her out. after a few dates i knew i was going to marry her. shes a keeper, shoots better than me, drives better than me ,put up with me for 36 yrs.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary tomorrow on 12-12-12. Taking the wife to see Cirque Du Soleil. Not our first show of theirs but we havent seen this version so it will be fun and I got her some great seats too, almost front row. With dinner afterwards I'm covered well this year. It's the least I can do for torturing her for the last 9 years.

Im a rock/metal musician and an artist, so, being without a girlfriend or a wife youre usually either living with a bunch of smelly often drunk dudes, alone, or homeless, so its usually best to always be with someone. Luckily I own a share of some family properties in California and I built myself a small Aframe cabin home after graduating post highschool school on land we own up in the Sierra mountains. Been playing music professionally since I was in highschool and now more than 20 something years later Im still at it but almost thru with it. And I'm still living with women. I somehow have always just connected the dots- would usually meet a new girlfriend while still with another one but justified it by thinking that things may have been going wrong in the relationship, etc. Classic azzhat behavior.

I am currently with wife number 4, she was girlfriend number???. This one may be the one though- though you never really know for sure I suppose. While youre alive anyways. In addition to the music business Im also a self employed small businessman/entrepreneur in a few small ventures, one of which is with my last ex-wife, Mrs #3 and her new husband. Everything is working out great with them, probably because we share a child, now 18. I also have 3 other children with 3 different mothers. And now am helping raise 2 stepchildren with my current wife after their father passed away 7 years ago. Its a crazy life at our house.

I met my Tulsa born and raised wife I'm with today in San Francisco. She was there on vacation with a couple of bff's and I was playing in one of the bands they saw at a show at a club, but we formally met at a late night after show party. It was after midnight so it was February 15th. And I happened to be totally 100% single at the time. We had a good time hanging out, exchanged numbers when it was time to go, but I figured like with the thousands of other people you meet in life and never reconnect with that I would most likely never see her again. A few days later she called me and we made a date to get together before she went back to Oklahoma. I took her to my brothers place in Monterey where we spent an awesome day. Took her to the aquarium, and the beach even though it was a cold day. Typical Pacific ocean day in February. Saw her the day she left and exchanged more info. After she left we Emailed alot. Called each other alot. A few months later I went to Des Moines to work in the business with my ex and after we were finished I decided to go down to Tulsa and spend the weekend visiting ol girl. Since my mom and stepdad dont live far from Tulsa I had a place to stay. Didnt matter, her ex had her kids for the weekend so she was free and I ended up staying at her house. On the couch. The first night anyways. The second night it snowed and was really cold so she invited me to her warmer bed. I was a good boy too. The next day I went back to Cali, but thought about her alot. Burned up Emails, texts, late night phone calls. Traveled back and forth alot. Well, it was more me doing the traveling because she had a busy corporate officer job and 2 kids. Did the long distance thing for about 6 months, but had gradually moved some of my stuff in to her place in Oklahoma as I spent more and more time here. 5 months later we got married.

And Im still traveling between Tulsa, Des Moines, and northern California. Would love for her to retire with me to my place up on the mountain in northern California some day but her family is all here so it will have to be back and forth since I have family here and in California.

Latest posts

Top Bottom