How does Ron Paul look now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, there is no arguing with a man who refuses to use logic, so I won't. Calling him a "crazy old coot" does not make it true. And saying he still would have lost, doesn't make that true either. You are wrong, of that there is truly no doubt, but the fact is, it really does not matter. People like you are part of the problem with this country, and unfortunately, your numbers are growing. The idea that Republicans would have stayed home is so laughable that... Well, I don't have any more words than that. It is beyond comical.

Oh, and you still refuse to address the Constitution. Clearly, there are parts you don't like. Would you mind sharing what those are?

I have no problems with the Constitution but the paulbots saying RP would have done any better then anyone else in upholding it is completely stupid. He is a politician just like Romney, Obama, or any of the others. His history of leaving the party when he did not get his way and then crawling back proves that. His history on earmarks is even more proof along with racist remarks that he later blames on someone else.

As for him winning, not a chance. The only thing he can win on a national level his straw and online polls where his cult can stack the deck. I do not remember one primary or scientific poll where he got over 15% and in 99% of them he never got over 10%.

He would not have gotten the votes of us that favor a strong military, or those of us that are against legalizing drugs as just 2 examples.

michaelnc4444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No the worst thing is people who refuse to believe that someone who supports the Constitution is un-electable. Look at his voting record, the guy voted true to the Constitution his entire time in office, with very, very few exceptions. No other politician can say that. He wasn't making promises to get votes, he was telling you he would have done what he did the whole time he was in Congress. Also, as I said before, the idea that any Republicans that voted for Romney, would have not voted for Paul, are truly preposterous. Even if Republicans were unsure/unhappy about him, they were damn sure they did not want Obama again.

Rick, you talk about his history of leaving the party... He would go against his party when they went against the CONSTITUTION! Are you so blinded by the FOX News machine that you don't realize that?
The worst thing about the Ron Paul phenomenon is that people continue to insist that he was electable.
RAVE on crazy feeling.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The lesson here is the Constitution is dead in the hearts and minds of most Americans, who just don't care about liberty. Safety is more prized. 10% of the colonists were active in the Revolution, while the rest of the 90% defended the King, or just didn't care.

As we can clearly see here, most Americans believe that Mitt Romney, as the virtual Obama-clone, was the electable superior choice, even though the GOP had it's rear handed to them on a platter. Modern, mainstream Republican thought is great Presidents reflect sameness between the parties and the repudiation of the Constitution. The neocon faction within the GOP is alive and well, producing politicians who give us the Patriot Act, NDAA, big-government, debt and endless undeclared wars. Now there's the winning formula that wins elections!

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for him winning, not a chance. The only thing he can win on a national level his straw and online polls where his cult can stack the deck. I do not remember one primary or scientific poll where he got over 15% and in 99% of them he never got over 10%.

He would not have gotten the votes of us that favor a strong military, or those of us that are against legalizing drugs as just 2 examples.

iowa was a statistical 3 way tie... paul got the delegates...

there's a difference between cutting military spending, and defense spending. no need for us to police the world. many dems and independents who are against our unnecessary wars would have voted for a candidate who isn't a warmonger, since obama has shown that he is...

if heroin were suddenly legal tomorrow, would you go do heroin? most of us wouldn't...

i never met anybody who was happy with the republican nominee...
most republicans fall under romney's mantra of "anybody but obama." they would have voted for ron paul, and i know more than a few who would have felt better about their vote.

if you think republicans who voted romney would have stayed home rather tuan vote ron paul, you're lying to yourself.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrong. He would have gotten some votes for those reasons but all the informed voters would have stayed home and the media would have had an even bigger field day with him then they did Romney. He would have been lucky to get 40% of the vote. Romney was not even close to being my top pick and yes I voted for him as the lesser of two evils, but I am not even sure I could have voted for RP as that. I probably would have just stayed home and I know many others that would have too. Kind of like the many RP supporters did.

If you voted for Romney, who was a white RINO clone of Obama, but wouldn't vote for Paul; then you have more problems than anyone on this board can fix. Whether he would have won or not, he was a far better choice the Romney.

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_Obomney_77111619560.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom