How does Ron Paul look now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like the Romney formula, stick with it.

And there it is, the "I'm taking my ball and going the hell home" mentallity.

During the debates RP talked about defeating Obama and how important that was that he was not re-elected.

Did RP come out after he was out of the race and ask his supporters to rally around the GOP candidate and help oust the current resident, NOPE. All I hear from the RP supporters that I know was "I am note voting for anyone if it isn't RP"

News Flash: That mentallity helped keep the current resident in office.

Isolationist? Your call

RP is old and will likely not make another run, better to realign with his son or another candidate.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paul looks now like he looked then. He looks like Mr. GreenJeans. He looks like a loveable cartoon character.
Nobody wanted to vote for him.
If you like that formula, stick with it.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And there it is, the "I'm taking my ball and going the hell home" mentallity.

During the debates RP talked about defeating Obama and how important that was that he was not re-elected.

Did RP come out after he was out of the race and ask his supporters to rally around the GOP candidate and help oust the current resident, NOPE. All I hear from the RP supporters that I know was "I am note voting for anyone if it isn't RP"

News Flash: That mentallity helped keep the current resident in office.

Isolationist? Your call

RP is old and will likely not make another run, better to realign with his son or another candidate.

I'm aware that Ron Paul won't be running again, but the R3volution continues. The GOP had to lie. cheat, steal and break bones to 'win' nearly every convention. Fox News tells us that being non-interventionist is the same thing as being "isolationist". There is a distinct difference. I'm Constitutionalist and tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. The GOP elites have worked hand-in-hand with the Democrats to bring us the DHS, the NDAA, FISA and every Patriot Act. Nothing says freedom more than an internal police department armed with over 1.6 rounds of hollow-point, checkpoints, warrantless wiretapping and gun control with possible registration and confiscation. Romney and Obama are both globalist puppets and are essentially the same thing.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/ar...ck-obama-and-mitt-romney-are-exactly-the-same

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm aware that Ron Paul won't be running again, but the R3volution continues. The GOP had to lie. cheat, steal and break bones to 'win' nearly every convention. Fox News tells us that being non-interventionist is the same thing as being "isolationist". There is a distinct difference. I'm Constitutionalist and tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. The GOP elites have worked hand-in-hand with the Democrats to bring us the DHS, the NDAA, FISA and every Patriot Act. Nothing says freedom more than an internal police department armed with over 1.6 rounds of hollow-point, checkpoints, warrantless wiretapping and gun control with possible registration and confiscation. Romney and Obama are both globalist puppets and are essentially the same thing.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/ar...ck-obama-and-mitt-romney-are-exactly-the-same

Well, I hope that I am not the 1.6 people that get shot at.

You have failed to sell me on why letting Obama win was the correct choice vice sitting with thumbs up southhole and not voting him out because your puppet wasn't at the puppet show.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I hope that I am not the 1.6 people that get shot at.

You have failed to sell me on why letting Obama win was the correct choice vice sitting with thumbs up southhole and not voting him out because your puppet wasn't at the puppet show.

The discussion of Romney is moot, since he carried Oklahoma and Oklahoma got the Republican candidate desired. My vote meant nothing. I've been an active Republican voter since Reagan ran in 1976 and have seen the GOP become the party of big-government and central control. Romney supported the NDAA, the Patriot Act, gun controls, TARP and all the other liberal causes. Under the dictator Obama, at least the sheep can more clearly hear the screams from the slaughterhouse as we all step more quickly to the door. I'm done with voting for the lesser of two evils. I'm supporting the candidate who stands for the Constitution. Nothing more and nothing less.

BTW, I forgot to put the word BILLION with 1.6 rounds of hollow-point.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The media hasn't fooled me into thinking anything. This is cold hard analysis of how voters actually voted this past election - it is analysis with the benefit of 20-20 hindsight - the best kind of analysis!

I understand that you disagree but, as has been stated many times here by others as well, while RP would have garnered some Republican support and some Libertarian support - he would have been able to peel off very little of Obama's support which was substantial. The 1.1 million votes gained by Gary Johnson proves very little - that's about the same number that the Communists got during the height of the depression, and that from a much smaller electorate, indicating to me that Libertarian talk, while a big deal among a subset of the Republican Party, is actually not all that widespread among Democrats or Independents. Maybe it will change in the future - maybe but you cannot reasonably maintain that RP would have taken those 1.1 million and another 60 million or so to be able to win against Obama - at least you cannot with any factual or analysis based assessment.

How many republicans would have not voted for RP over Obama? I can tell you that only the hardcore Republicans (not conservatives) voted for Romney over Obama. The only reason to vote Romney over Obama is because he was a republican. They are the same candidate on the issues.

My point is that you did not peel any voters that would have otherwise voted for Obama and made them want to vote Romney. So the people that ultimately voted for Romney comprised of the "anybody but O" crowd and the "straight ticket republican" crowd. RP would still have gotten both of those groups plus picked up many independents and disillusioned democrats.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I voted for Ross Perot back in the 90's and wound up with Bill Clinton.

Well, Ross was right about that "giant suckin' sound". Today, we pay billions in tax dollars and increased debt to ship GM to China. Maybe that is what what George Washington and John Adams were talking about when they warned against the two-party system.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flybeech,

read up on electoral college. nobody's vote really does.

I got it on the billion thing, if your gonna rant, rant properly and accurately.

I didn't want Romney, but sure would prefer him to what we are going to have over the next 4 years. It is now about surviving and hoping that we can find a candidate that can overcome the entitlement mentallity and voter corruption.

My personal thought is that we have seen the end of a Nation and the beginning of a sess pool, and thats my optimistic view.

YMMV

Latest posts

Top Bottom