How has carrying changed your behavior?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How has carrying changed your behavior?

• I'm more adverse to taking risks.

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • I'm bolder, and won't shy away from riskier situations.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Nothing changed, but I feel safer.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Nothing changed, heck I forget its there.

Votes: 22 25.3%

• Total voters

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Since I got "into" guns, I started being more aware of my surroundings, even before I was able to carry. Since I got my carry (I got it ASAP after 21), I have been a mobile gun rich zone. I carry anytime it's legal to carry; and hate being without it.

I've never been a person to be confrontational, but having become self defense aware, whether carrying or not, I am both less likely to get in a confrontation, but also more likely to stand up for what is right and wrong. I was very glad when Stand Your Ground passed, because even before then I had determined that I wouldn't flee if my action could save lives.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely risk averse. I am alot more chill now. I never road rage anymore. I don't give people the stink eye anymore. I don't do alot of things that I used to. I feel more aware of my surroundings and the avoidance of confrontations.
I also watch when I drink.

It has given me more peace of mind for the safety of my family.

I see it solely as a mechanism to protect myself and my family, I'm not out to save other people or deter crime but if my actions to save/protect myself and my family keeps others out of harms way then so be it. But I do not feel that other people's safety is my concern as a person who carries. I am laser focused on what carrying means to me and my family.

It has transformed my wife's life. She was almost petrified to go anywhere by herself anymore before she could carry. She doesn't worry anymore.

Plus it's nice to have her carrying as backup. Lol!!

djdavis75

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going out looking for problems or conflicts, that is for sure. If one starts, I will try to defuse the situation, get away from the situation, etc... But I will defend myself, my family, or an innocent person if there is no other option.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More aware and I avoid having people behind me in close proximity. I generally sit with my back to the wall so I can see whats coming. Old habit from the bar hoppin days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom