How has carrying changed your behavior?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How has carrying changed your behavior?

• I'm more adverse to taking risks.

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • I'm bolder, and won't shy away from riskier situations.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Nothing changed, but I feel safer.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Nothing changed, heck I forget its there.

Votes: 22 25.3%

• Total voters

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More averse to risk. Sit facing the door at restaurants, sit on the outside of the booth. Public restrooms, its the stall furthest from the door. Walking with my little girl, she holds my left hand and is on my left side. If I have to send a text or read an email, I stand with my back to something. Wife won't carry a gun, but she does carry a taser. It's the little things that add up.
Wild Bill Hickok always sat with his back to the wall or a corner except for that one time....

xtremepilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am more aware, always sitting on the side of the booth that faces the exit; keeping keys, change, and other items out of the pocket with the gun, carrying items in my support hand to allow my strong side hand to access the weapon, etc.....because real life isn't two-hand point-shoulder shooting like most people do at the indoor range.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped having a beer or two with dinner when I go out....I kinda miss that sometimes. I find myself not allowing people into my blind spots when I'm in public. I suppose that's always a good idea, but I'm more aware of it now. I catch myself noticing when other people are carrying.....guys keeping their elbow tucked in....printing I doubt I would have noticed before, like when someone's carrying IWB with a t-shirt over it.....I saw a dude in Academy today wearing a jacket. It was 88 degrees outside so I'll bet he was carrying.
I've never been a big unnecessary risk taker, I don't feel bolder, and I don't forget it's there...so none of the choices really apply to me.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've always been a cautious person. Always looking over my shoulder. And habitually lock doors behind me every time. Lol
But how has it changed me? Hmm.. It really hasn't much if at all..
But ever since I got my carry permit I've influenced 10+ member of my family to get theirs. And they did.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not much change. Ive always kept one eye on everyone else and entrance doors, kept my back to the wall, and been a big fan of personal space. Maybe the only difference is I keep my strong side protected like trying to sit where my gun is to the inside of a restaurant booth. But only if I can still see the door.

Latest posts

Top Bottom