How long until the government collapse??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how long will it take for the U.S. government to collaspe from it's size and debt??

• 3 years

Votes: 39 24.8%
  • 7 years

Votes: 39 24.8%
  • 15 years

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • never

Votes: 57 36.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

streetglideok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say 15-30 years if things are not corrected. I seriously think they should scrap football programs and require 2 hours a day of economics for four years to graduate, get any kind of benefits, or get a license to drive,lol. Money is not infinite, the germans proved that post WWI. We are currently printing money blindly, with nothing to back it. If you keep taking money out of the piggy bank, it goes empty. If you make 5 slices of pie into 10, it just means each one is smaller. All we are doing is selling our debt off to the chinese, and anyone else we have a large trade deficit with. Eventually, just like a business, when another company buys enough of the debt or stock up, they own controlling interest. You do as they say, or they call in their debts. If you cant get credit to run the business, you fold. Happened alot in the 1999-2001 timespan, and it happened alot in the 2007-2009 span.
What it all boils down to, is this country will go bankrupt if the feds dont get a clue and get a grasp on problems. We need to export goods, and not money. You financially destabilize a country enough, it will collapse, and you will have a regime change, and not always get what you want. Hitler seized the opportunity with the financial ruin of Germany. We will see something similar here, or a puppet put in place by a foriegn power. Mexico was once a major power, and when we went to war with them, some said we were crazy. Now they are a third world country. They went thru a few puppet govts thru the years since independence from spain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximilian_I_of_Mexico

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people hope it will happen to give their lives meaning.

Is it really unreasonable to believe that a society which purposely programs so many people to be apathetic and useless is flawed at it's core and therefore worthy of (or doomed to) destruction?

I certainly don't want anyone to be harmed, or for my country to be destroyed or even damaged, but it is indeed a fearful supposition that all our attempts to make our society better only make it decay faster.

Don't think any less of a man just because he secretly wants to raise the black flag and start slitting throats, especially when this place deserves to endure a little carnage every now and then.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it really unreasonable to believe that a society which purposely programs so many people to be apathetic and useless is flawed at it's core and therefore worthy of (or doomed to) destruction?

I certainly don't want anyone to be harmed, or for my country to be destroyed or even damaged, but it is indeed a fearful supposition that all our attempts to make our society better only make it decay faster.

Don't .

Let's see, you "don't want anyone to be harmed, or [your] country to be destroyed or even damaged," but you admonish me not to "think any less of a man just because he secretly wants to raise the black flag and start slitting throats, especially when this place deserves to endure a little carnage every now and then."

That's called talking out of both sides of your mouth. Do you really believe millions of your fellow citizens "deserve to endure a litle carnage?"

It always amazes me that so many of the "super duper" hardcore "patriots" so passionately long for some type of civil unrest to befall our country.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's called talking out of both sides of your mouth. Do you really believe millions of your fellow citizens "deserve to endure a litle carnage?"

It always amazes me that so many of the "super duper" hardcore "patriots" so passionately long for some type of civil unrest to befall our country.

No, those two points are part of the same idea. I'm simply pointing out that just because I believe in man's historic tendency toward violence (and therefore that things will inevitably get worse, and that we should be prepared for such an event one way or another), doesn't mean I'm some kind of sociopath who wants people to die.

I agree, however, that it's ironic that the "patriotic" types always want bad things to happen. Revolution regenerates, I guess.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way longer than 15 years. Way longer than my lifetime. Way longer than your lifetime. We have a pretty good country. Even with its flaws the US has more legal immigrants every year than the rest of the world combined. So, I'd say not any time soon.

There will be a complete economic collapse before there's a political collapse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom