how low will .223 ammo go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What price will .223 Wolf Ammo per 1k will stabilize at?

• $135 per 1k wolf .223

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • $155 per 1k wolf .223

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • $175 per 1k wolf .223

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • $195 per 1k wolf .223

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • $225 per 1k wolf .223

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how low will the bellwether, .223 ammo go?

thank goodness, prices are definitely going down.
wolf .223 is still selling for almost double last year's prices.
so loads more room yet to go.

anyone care to guess where Wolf .223 ammo price will stabilize?

per 1k price: $135 ... $155... $175... $195.... $225...etc ?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well enjoy it, because when those in Kommiefornia realize that their new law kicks in early 2011 they will be some hoarding fools. Get it while you can. After that law kicks in it should get a bit better. Because Cabelas and some others have already said they won't ship there when that demented law goes into effect. More for us! :woot:

Nik

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The California ammo law change, combined with a collapsing dollar that is keeping imported product prices high and commodity/metal prices soaring, will prevent you from ever seeing Wolf at below $200 per 1000 round case again...IMHO.

Arrggh, Politicians. :buttkick:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The California ammo law change, combined with a collapsing dollar that is keeping imported product prices high and commodity/metal prices soaring, will prevent you from ever seeing Wolf at below $200 per 1000 round case again...IMHO.

Arrggh, Politicians. :buttkick:

this and the fact that folks buy it all day long at this price. Heck .20 a round is great.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrMRC5zQou4

Start at about 1:50. This is me at the 3 gun and the sh*t failed to go fully into battery a lot! The mag I switched to was prvi, Cole's I accidently picked up instead of mine, and did just fine with it. The rest of the match I shot federal 50 grain jhp from walmart and didn't have a problem. I have never had ammo do so bad before. The gun was clean and lubed before the match. It may have been the magazines fault, they weren't pmags, but I am blaming it on the wolf for now. Funny thing I shot about 5 rounds at the range before the match and it did fine, then when I was in the heat of it, it wouldn't work for squat.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nah... all that means is don't shoot wolf ammo for critical moments.

reason for choosing wolf .223 as gauge ... it's the cheapest .223 available and it's made overseas out of usa mfg's control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrMRC5zQou4

Start at about 1:50. This is me at the 3 gun and the sh*t failed to go fully into battery a lot! The mag I switched to was prvi, Cole's I accidently picked up instead of mine, and did just fine with it. The rest of the match I shot federal 50 grain jhp from walmart and didn't have a problem. I have never had ammo do so bad before. The gun was clean and lubed before the match. It may have been the magazines fault, they weren't pmags, but I am blaming it on the wolf for now. Funny thing I shot about 5 rounds at the range before the match and it did fine, then when I was in the heat of it, it wouldn't work for squat.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wolf has become increasingly under pressured. I cannot cycle it in my rifle but Monarch (brown bear) is just fine and is cheaper then Wolf. I can get it right now for 110 for 500.
We chrono'd some 55gr FMJ' and they were anywhere from 2400 to 3100fps from a 20" 1-8 LW SS. They have given up on quality at that factory.

M

Latest posts

Top Bottom