How many lives could have been saved in Hawaii for $50?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think one of the biggest issues was the intensity of the flames and how fast it spread. They were reporting 80+ MPH winds spreading the fires. I don’t know if that equals the fire spreading at 80mph, but even if the fire spread at 20mph there’s no way you can outrun it or keep ahead of it. A fire mask and gloves would be the least of my worries in that situation. Although, that’s a pretty neat product. I may get a pair of them for the house.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’d need an emergency fire shelter to have even a small chance of survival. And that’s with pretty specific conditions and fire load.

That being said most victims in structure fires die from smoke inhalation, if the product you shared works it’a probably worth a couple bucks to give you 30 seconds to self rescue.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well before this fire, I have thought about tragedies, reaction and preparedness.

As any SHTF, you will never cover every scenario. More important, situations you have no control over.

With Wif's recent OU Med visit, we were on the 7th floor, outside wall a glass panel, 4 nurses for 28 rooms, Wif not ambulatory and an awesome light show, with severe storm warnings. Tomorrow is not promised, get your heart right and take what comes.

What preps would have helped those 5000 folks in the towers, 9-11? Those on the planes? A tsunami?

When it's your time, it's your time.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’d need an emergency fire shelter to have even a small chance of survival. And that’s with pretty specific conditions and fire load.

That being said most victims in structure fires die from smoke inhalation, if the product you shared works it’a probably worth a couple bucks to give you 30 seconds to self rescue.

You will learn that they actually create a false promise. Children, teens, young adults, and even the biggest percentage of Adults in an actual life taking Fire in a home will prove out a long list of actual non use of them. Fear, forgetful and such causes them to not be a real viable asset in a home fire situation.

Now in a commercial setting where majority are Adults and shear size of large commercial buildings they can be somewhat of an asset.

There has been so many of these in different makes and models that surface from time to time over the years.

I mean hell you can own a SCBA if one was inclined too! LOL!

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember the name of the movie but it was about the firefighters that died in that wildfire somewhere around Prescott, AZ -- uhmmm, Granite Mountain Hotshots, I think -- maybe Only the Brave?? Anyway, that movie scared the beejeebus outta me. If I think I'm gonna burn up in a fire they will find the entry wound for a bullet right between my eyes. #shudder

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't remember the name of the movie but it was about the firefighters that died in that wildfire somewhere around Prescott, AZ -- uhmmm, Granite Mountain Hotshots, I think -- maybe Only the Brave?? Anyway, that movie scared the beejeebus outta me. If I think I'm gonna burn up in a fire they will find the entry wound for a bullet right between my eyes. #shudder
Sad part on nearly every wildland ff fatality that's from a burn over, there was usually no reason for them to be there, nothing to save or protect. Poor communication doesn't help either. Emergency fire shelters that they can deploy in seconds just gives a small chance of survival, make identification a little easier later is about it. It's like one of these foil Jiffypops from the 60's and 70's and the ff is a kernel. 1600⁰

images.jpeg-27.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom