How many lives could have been saved in Hawaii for $50?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad part on nearly every wildland ff fatality that's from a burn over, there was usually no reason for them to be there, nothing to save or protect. Poor communication doesn't help either. Emergency fire shelters that they can deploy in seconds just gives a small chance of survival, make identification a little easier later is about it. It's like one of these foil Jiffypops from the 60's and 70's and the ff is a kernel. 1600⁰

View attachment 401811

Right?? I swear when they deployed those blanket thingees I was thinking to myself "Well, at least their teeth will still be identifiable." I dunno how vollies do it @Oklahomabassin ...

Grumpy went down and tested for OCFD because his dad (OCPD) told him "You don't wanna be a cop. Be a firefighter. It's a WAY better gig." Says he got as far as climbing the BIG ladder ... That was swaying in the "breeze" that day. Said he just quietly walked to the parking lot, got in his car, went home and told his dad he was gonna apply at OCPD. 😂😂😂😂

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right?? I swear when they deployed those blanket thingees I was thinking to myself "Well, at least their teeth will still be identifiable." I dunno how vollies do it @Oklahomabassin ...

Grumpy went down and tested for OCFD because his dad (OCPD) told him "You don't wanna be a cop. Be a firefighter. It's a WAY better gig." Says he got as far as climbing the BIG ladder ... That was swaying in the "breeze" that day. Said he just quietly walked to the parking lot, got in his car, went home and told his dad he was gonna apply at OCPD. 😂😂😂😂
Beats me. Those guys are nuts!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Haha we wore them on the pack knowing they for what I wrote above lol. 99% of paid city and vol ff have never seen one.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will learn that they actually create a false promise. Children, teens, young adults, and even the biggest percentage of Adults in an actual life taking Fire in a home will prove out a long list of actual non use of them. Fear, forgetful and such causes them to not be a real viable asset in a home fire situation.

Now in a commercial setting where majority are Adults and shear size of large commercial buildings they can be somewhat of an asset.

There has been so many of these in different makes and models that surface from time to time over the years.

I mean hell you can own a SCBA if one was inclined too! LOL!
I've used an SCBA a few times and I was lucky to get 15 minutes out of a bottle. Getting it on correctly and quickly takes a bit of practice and there's no way a kid or an old person could even do it. I could go from standing next to all of the gear to fully suited up in turnouts, boots, flash hood, gloves, SCBA, and helmet in under a minute, but I worked like hell to get that fast. Then I learned that I was claustrophobic with all of that crap on in a smoke-filled room on my hands and knees in the dark with the mask covered with duct tape trying to navigate through a maze of turned over furniture. That was an awesome high school class though. The other students got a little jealous when they'd see us roll up in an engine, or taking a car apart with spreaders and cutters, or hanging off of the roof in rappelling harnesses, or having water fights with fire hoses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom