A car tire, on a motorcycle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
riding with no hands........ feet on the fairings steering with my feet. Using simple countersteering technique, it was easy... push right to go right, push left to go left.

yeah i've heard of it... lol.

but weighting a peg at the right time just like using body weight as a steering input is essential to going fast... and for recovering from mistakes.

I've had the ground smack my knee up against my fairings before in turn 10 at hallett... bike was loosing traction and sliding out from underneath me... happened so quick all i had time to do was shove back with my knee and weight the outside peg to try and bring it back... luckily it didn't slide very far (more of a slip) before it settled down and we kept going.

when your input on the bars gets light, you gotta go to something else to try and recover.

weight is also a huge deal in supermoto racing... and there... counter steering takes on a whole new meaning... back that sucker into a right hand turn with the bars locked to the left....

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its all good just as long as you enjoy what you are doing. Like I said before, I have been riding for 35 years and I have always loved riding. Been down twice and both times where totally my fault. The first was hitting a corner way too fast and there was a wreck the previous morning that left oil and anti freeze all over the road. Hit it at 70 and the bike just took off. It was bellow freezing out and I had on a helmet, 2 pair of pants, 3 jackets, gloves and boots. I walked away without so much as a scratch. The bike however didn't fair so well. Hit the curb, flipped up and hit a power poll at the bottom side of the triple tree and split the bike in 2. I skidded on my back to the middle of the intersection, sat up looking at horrified bystanders, got up, and walked to the curb and sat down. I was 16, back in 1979.

The second wreck was on 29th in MWC. I was on my XT250 enduro on the way home from work and again, I shouldn't have been riding. The ground was still covered in snow and most of the street was covered in snow and ice as well. I hit a patch of ice after snow and the bike again went right out from under me. Again, I walked away without a scratch but this time the bike didn't get a scratch on it either. That was back in 83. Needless to say,I have grown up a bit and if it gets below freezing, I park it. I am not a fair weather rider at all, I prefer cold weather over hot, but have learned my lesson. Rain is another story. I love riding in the rain. I did the Talemina (SP) Pass in a downpour and had a blast. Saw an 8 point buck on that ride that rather un nerved me, but that is a whole different story. Now that was way off topic.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
steering with one tire off the ground (not me)
[Broken External Image]

forced steering (lol) (me in the blue helmet #32)
[Broken External Image]

NO steering!
[Broken External Image]

Counter steering... sorta? lol
[Broken External Image]

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yeah i've heard of it... lol.

but weighting a peg at the right time just like using body weight as a steering input is essential to going fast... and for recovering from mistakes.

I've had the ground smack my knee up against my fairings before in turn 10 at hallett... bike was loosing traction and sliding out from underneath me... happened so quick all i had time to do was shove back with my knee and weight the outside peg to try and bring it back... luckily it didn't slide very far (more of a slip) before it settled down and we kept going.

when your input on the bars gets light, you gotta go to something else to try and recover.

weight is also a huge deal in supermoto racing... and there... counter steering takes on a whole new meaning... back that sucker into a right hand turn with the bars locked to the left....

Sorry,missed your reference in your post.Definitel in supermoto,which is dirt biking on pavement!!:laugh6: Steve

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I told you, I want to become an expert.

2/3 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbsp margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp rapid rise yeast

Put the milk and margarine in a cup and nuke it for 30 seconds (to 100 degrees)

Then add the all but the flour and yeast and stir well
pour contents into bread machine
Set the machine on light bread, 1 and a half pound loaf
add flour, make a little divot in the flour and pour in the yeast and hit start
3 hours later you have Portuguese sweet bread. Serve hot with lots of butter and a big glass of milk. Enjoy!

I use the bread machine for ease of use. You can do it the old fashioned way if you like, just mix the yeast with the wet ingredients and let it set for 30 minutes to activate the yeast. Then make it as you make any other bread. Both ways produce the same good tasting bread.

Cool pics Nanotech, those where the days.... I am too old to ride like that again. thanks for sharing dude.

I just got a real neat little Yamaha DT175 enduro from SDarkRages dad and that is a fun little machine. I have been doing my under 5mph trick riding and it is a blast. Curb hopping, ultra slow ballance riding, super tight ballance turning. Nothing fancy, just a lot of control, and a lot of fun. Kind of like the dude that does the rock climbing at bike shows. I used to do this kind of stuff back in the day and had a blast and this bike does it very well. Not bad for a $150 bike.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i predict the next thing for me is a trials bike... or maybe not. lol.

always wanted one... kinda like i always wanted a supermoto... and now i'm on my second one. :)

we'll see!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to trade my 954RR for a goldwing I think. I just don't ride the sport bike enough and and as much as I enjoy railing in the twisties I'd do a lot more weekend trips on a wing.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good choice. Goldwing was my 42nd bike and I loved it. Plenty of room. Excellent handling, very comfortable ride plus all the luxuries of a car, cruise control, abs, cb, AM, FM Cd changer, the new ones have XM and Nav units on them. A great bike for the money. I even pulled a trailer with mine and it pulled great. Would probably still have mine but I sold it to make room for my baby girl...that was 20 years ago. You may look into the new Kawasaki Voyager. That is one sweet bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom