How much and how often should you water your lawn?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most im willing to water is every third day and that may be a bit sporadic. The dont need another "child" that needs to drink, eat, and get groomed regularly on my hands.

I want it to look nice dont get me wrong but most of us have better things to do.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we are officially in a "Severe" drought, my answer to "how much and how often should you water your lawn?"....never.

Why waste the water just for appearances? If one of my neighbors wants to leave me a letter about it, they will summarily be dismissed....if they aren't man enough to come talk to me about, then they don't matter.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mow every Sunday and Wedneday then I follow it with a deep watering each time, about an inch. If you live in a neighborhood you need to take decent care of your lawn. Don't have to go overboard but at least weed eat more than the first and last mowings of the year (yes i'm talkin about my neighbor). My dad always told me if he doesn't take care of his lawn then he probably doesn't care of the inside either.

mprvise

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very little before I was married. Now that the wife is all moved in she waters at least twice a week. But as an added bonus she hired some dudes who come and mow it about once a week. Works for me...

Latest posts

Top Bottom