Wearing Crocs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_4315.jpeg

Bunch of old people on here….😎

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, I really prefer my Merrill walking shoes and a pair of Keen hiking boots. I've also got a pair of Keen sandals, which is what I wear when we are out on our Summer job and I'm driving all day. For casual wear, especially after having my knee surgery, I've got three pairs of Sketcher slip-ons.

I've never had the original Crocs and won't ever, but I did buy a pair of Croc sandals when out in Utah, which is what I would wear if our hiking was going to take us walking in streams.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
40+ years of steel toe work boots, 12+ hours per day, on concrete, killed my feet.
I wear Crocs at home. Granddaughter bought me my first pair. Grandkids call them my "ugly shoes".
Grandson was hired into Goodyear maintenance. 1 year of steel toe boots and he puts on his Crocs, in the parking lot, before leaving. All he wears, when not working.

One word of caution, Crocs are slicker than cow snot on wet boat ramps.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Poeple that wear Hoka's day in/day out will end up with shin splits from their feet being Dorsiflexed. Especially if standing for long periods. This is especially true of Hoka's with thr fat cushoiny soles
I got a pair to help prevent shin splints . . . didn't help all that much and they take some time to get used to wearing. I don't wear them hardly at all now.

My wife however wears hers regularly.

JamesBell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I worked in a prison. I also have some extremely messed up feet. I was going through a taping process every day just to be able to spend all day in boots working the yard. Then I found boots made by Crocs. They were simply the best shoe I ever encountered. Sadly they don't make them anymore but the pair I bought is still functional well over a decade later.

An odd issue with my feet is that what feels good changes. Some days I feel best in Hoka Arahis. Other days it is Brooks Adrenalines. Occasionally I will end up in Nike Air Pegasus. And some days the only thing that works is a pair of Timberlands. Several months ago I spent two weeks wearing Justin Ropers. My closet looks like I am the world’s worst shoe hoarder but I don't care what any of them look like. Just what feels good.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wearing Crocs came up in the Storm Damage thread. I responded to it, but I would like to let people know that suffer with feet pain, what I recently found!

“”””I am a Crock wearing Mother ****er around the house when I am not working they eliminate pain for me! I also recently about 4months back discovered HOKA Shoes! Talk about a BIG TIME game changer! If you have feet issues or are not normal size human, either a fat ass or just a big person these HOKA shoes will change your life! You work on your feet all day, walk a lot or jog these are simply amazing. I ran 6 days a week up till I was in my mid 50s and have bought and used every brand out there and wished these had came out in my youth days! Crocks and Hokas have saved me a from a lot of pain suffering.”””””
I wear crocs with socks. Im about to buy a new pair. Not ideal for fist fighting but it is doable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom