How to do a euro mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot the qt size to mine, but the head likes about 1" fitting. It worked for other pig heads and deer heads, but this head is a little longer.
You get a biggun? I've lost count how many times I've been out the past 2 weeks and haven't seen jack squat. They've completely dissapeared. But deer, I've been seeing 20, 30, 40 deer at a time.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You get a biggun? I've lost count how many times I've been out the past 2 weeks and haven't seen jack squat. They've completely dissapeared. But deer, I've been seeing 20, 30, 40 deer at a time.
January seemed to have several good boars. Shot one straight on and it ruined the skull. Another good boar was 1/2 mile in and I wasn't going to walk in to retrieve the head. Nature will do the work but not sure if all of it will be found. We had 3 good boars on 1 quarter in a week. I saved the head with the best cutters.

February stacked up a bunch of pigs. No big cutters, but did get several pregnant sows.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taxidermy guys are charging $150-$200 these days to do a boil technique euro.

I’m late to this thread, but wanted to revive it. I wish I would have watched these videos and learned more about this a couple months ago.

We butchered a ram (domestic “painted desert” sheep) and he had a decent set of horns on him. I wanted to keep the skull, but at the time I was super busy and didn’t want to mess with fleshing it/boiling it/getting brains out lol… so I just buried it and marked the location. I plan to dig it up after about a year. The “lazy euro” technique ha! I know a guy who has done it with deer skulls and had decent results.

Right now I am raising a Jacob sheep ram. He has 4 horns and his skull should be awesome! After seeing these videos.. on his skull I will plan to do it right.

I think if a guy had a special/prized trophy skull, it would probably be worth it to pay for a bug place. That’s how they do it at the Museum of osteology. Skulls unlimited in OKC can do it. Might cost $250+

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I’m late to this thread, but wanted to revive it. I wish I would have watched these videos and learned more about this a couple months ago.

We butchered a ram (domestic “painted desert” sheep) and he had a decent set of horns on him. I wanted to keep the skull, but at the time I was super busy and didn’t want to mess with fleshing it/boiling it/getting brains out lol… so I just buried it and marked the location. I plan to dig it up after about a year. The “lazy euro” technique ha! I know a guy who has done it with deer skulls and had decent results.

Right now I am raising a Jacob sheep ram. He has 4 horns and his skull should be awesome! After seeing these videos.. on his skull I will plan to do it right.

I think if a guy had a special/prized trophy skull, it would probably be worth it to pay for a bug place. That’s how they do it at the Museum of osteology. Skulls unlimited in OKC can do it. Might cost $250+
I’ve been boiling and cleaning deer and pig skulls since the early 90’s, and my goal is to eventually euro mount a 170-180 class whitetail. The biggest I’ve done so far is a 160 incher.
Unless I kill a buck that’s ridiculously big, I doubt I‘ll have another one shoulder mounted.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Check it earlier than a year...

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been boiling and cleaning deer and pig skulls since the early 90’s, and my goal is to eventually euro mount a 170-180 class whitetail. The biggest I’ve done so far is a 160 incher.
Unless I kill a buck that’s ridiculously big, I doubt I‘ll have another one shoulder mounted.
Right, heck ya! A good clean euro does look awesome.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Noted. How long do you recommend for the burying method?
I can’t give you a time, but I hope you tied it to a post or stake. Critters will dig them up. Also, don’t bury a skull in red dirt, because it’s basically impossible to get it to bleach back white. I’ve got an orangy/yellow pig skull to prove it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom