How's that markup taste now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It only makes serious sense to put most of the major efforts towards identifying the severaly mentally ill or depressed and disturbed people that are at risk for committing danger to themselves and others and getting them help.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... but then again, think about how many people might just have had an awakening.

I think I would fall into that category. Sandy Hook may have caused a lot of knee jerk reactions, but nothing that I shouldn't have already done prior. Just didn't think too much about it really.
My only big purchase was an AR. Needed? Nope.... but wanted one and I'm allowed.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, but the markup and shortages are going to last for a least a year regardless of the outcome of any proposed legislation.

Yup. I figured 6 months plus, but I digress. I agree.

I think I would fall into that category. Sandy Hook may have caused a lot of knee jerk reactions, but nothing that I shouldn't have already done prior. Just didn't think too much about it really.
My only big purchase was an AR. Needed? Nope.... but wanted one and I'm allowed.

Glad to see this. I've heard a lot of people "Waking Up" so to speak.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This, if true, it what I thought and hoped would happen. Without a source though, I'll also take it with a grain of salt. We'll see in a couple days I guess.

They might be able to legally force sellers with tables at gun shows to be an FFL or require them to do a background check, but they will never be able to regulate true FTF transactions. If I wanna sell something to a friend of mine, without registration, which they won't get, it can never be tracked.

But if they did make FTF transactions without a background check illegal, they will effectively stop most of them. While you might still sell something to a friend, would you meet and sell to a complete stranger? Probably not, so things would get curtailed quite a bit.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It only makes serious sense to put most of the major efforts towards identifying the severaly mentally ill or depressed and disturbed people that are at risk for committing danger to themselves and others and getting them help.

Back in the day, an American citizen could only have his rights stripped through the courts. Evidence was presented and a judge and perhaps a jury would decide if the individual in question sane, or not. I think many Americans want to give an inch to the gun grabbers, to be 'nice' and 'reasonable'. I suppose the desire of those who wish to add layers of bureaucrats to decide who is crazy and who is not will be 'properly' decided without trial.

Nofearfactor seems to suggest the best solution to reduce the statistically near-zero number of mil-spec replica semi-automatic rifles equipped with normal-capacity magazines used in mass shootings should be decided in pre-crime tribunals held in closed ATF chambers. Pre-crime, no judge, no jury.

Latest posts

Top Bottom