Hunting Regulations Question - Game Birds- Legal Means of Taking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
O.K., so do any of y'all try to get strategic and use say ... size 4 or 6 for the first two rounds, then size 2 shot in case of a far away shot?

If memory serves me correct you do NOT have to use a plug in your gun for COGS. Memory does not serve me to remember what COGS stands for. :(

:osu

Reaction score
O.K., so do any of y'all try to get strategic and use say ... size 4 or 6 for the first two rounds, then size 2 shot in case of a far away shot?

If memory serves me correct you do NOT have to use a plug in your gun for COGS. Memory does not serve me to remember what COGS stands for. :(

Sometimes when duck hunting / goose hunting I will have a 2 chambered and then have a 3 1/2 bb ready just incase geese come in. And for CONSERVATION ORDER LIGHT GOOSE SEASON (COLGS) you can have unplugged and extended magazines. Below is directly from the regs:

During the COLGS, special means of take will be allowed, including: electronic calls, unplugged shotguns, one-half hour after sunset shooting hours and no daily bag or possession limits. The Conservation Order and special means of take provisions are designed to increase harvest and allow hunters to help reduce the population of mid-continent light geese (snow, blue & Ross’). All other waterfowl regulations will apply; including use of federally approved nontoxic shot. All participants will be required to have in their possession while hunting, all necessary licenses, waterfowl stamps and a Harvest Information Program permit (HIP). The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation is required by federal regulation to estimate the harvest of light geese during the COLGS. Therefore, to participate in the COLGS hunters should provide the ODWC with their name, full mailing address and telephone number so that they may be contacted after the season with a harvest survey.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've tried it, but then if I only shoot once and need to reload the light round, but now it's behind the heavy round, so have to take out the heavy round and reload both. It just got too confusing for my simple mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom