Hypothetical Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live dual state, OK and CA. I had a permit to carry in CA then we moved to Iowa in 99' so I changed to a permit there. I moved down here 13 years ago when I married my current wife and then changed to an OK permit, when I did I added an XD sub 9mm to alternate with my G19. I just recently added an XD Mod.2 sub. When Im traveling and especially when Im in CA I just take along 10 round mags for my XDs and when Im here I carry the 16s and 13s. No biggie to me. My HD/range guns are a couple of Beretta 92Fs and a G17 and I have quite a few 10 rounders for them too for some dumb reason.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Cut my G19 grip down to G26 length possibly, or just aquire a G26. The bigger grip of the G19 makes it pleasant to shoot, and there would no longer be an advantage to a larger gun, so I would probably just continue carrying the G19 with 10rd mags.

Rifle wise? It would kinda ruin one of the biggest advantages to the Black Rifle, but they have plenty of others. I'd still rather have an easy maintenance, common gun with good ergos and recoil management so a Modern Service Rifle would still be the choice. For me that means an AR with 10 round mags still.

Ultimately, it's just a brain tease, since the idea of going door-to-door nationally and picking up 11+ round mags would be asinine, not to mention there has been no tracking of them. While they *could* in theory track who owns an AR, AK, or whatever; there is no capability to track mags.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Shield 9mm, Glock 43 or my LCP. Could be a combination of the 2. Rifle needs are filled with my Ruger American 300 Blacklout. Lots of magazines for all so I don't see a Problem. High capacity mags usually don't have serial numbers and as far as I know records have never been kept for them. IMO

Latest posts

Top Bottom