I am an A-hole so I will say it!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I'm tired of bailing everyone else out and then keep hearing how the world hates us, I'm very glad to live in the country that has some of the most generous people in the world.

Aiding in times like this shouldn't be about politics and governments...it's about the people and their families.

I will admit that there are certain countries I wouldn't mind seeing get wiped out, but Japan is not one of them.

I think we (gov't) should send aid in the form of operational support (military, infrastructure, medical, etc).

Just sending financial aid should be through private resources. I think some people would be surprised to see how much money would be raised by individual donations instead of just sending tax dollars. And, the private foundations could probably get more money where it's needed due to less bureaucratic overhead. Americans are usually pretty quick to open their wallets to help people, we just don't like the government doing it for us.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I'm tired of bailing everyone else out and then keep hearing how the world hates us, I'm very glad to live in the country that has some of the most generous people in the world.

Aiding in times like this shouldn't be about politics and governments...it's about the people and their families.

I will admit that there are certain countries I wouldn't mind seeing get wiped out, but Japan is not one of them.

I think we (gov't) should send aid in the form of operational support (military, infrastructure, medical, etc).

Just sending financial aid should be through private resources. I think some people would be surprised to see how much money would be raised by individual donations instead of just sending tax dollars. And, the private foundations could probably get more money where it's needed due to less bureaucratic overhead. Americans are usually pretty quick to open their wallets to help people, we just don't like the government doing it for us.

Just to show how much we do give away.

http://www.globalissues.org/article/35/foreign-aid-development-assistance#ForeignAidNumbersinChartsandGraphs

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're against aiding Japan, then maybe you should thing about this country without Japanese engineering and see how well off we would be then.

As a machinist student I don't have to think very far at all. Without the levels of CNC technology that the Japanese have engineered, we'd probably have a lot of machinist jobs, but production capacities would suck pretty heavy.

I don't think Ford, Chevy, or Dodge would be pushing gas-savers that hard either unless the Asian companies were.

Japan is one of the most respectful countries in the world as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure that if we gave them 50bil like we did Haiti, we could go back a year later and every penny would be accounted for.

How'd that work out for us in Haiti?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree with this. We have sent money to countries that have used it to buy weapons for people who hate us. I try to help everyone I can, and I am glad that the U.S.A. helps people too. I guess we just need to hope that someone will come and help out are kids one day when America is bankrupt.

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are a part of a global community,so,to me that means we help each other in times of need. No matter.

My now passed away grandfather was a Marine and was at Pearl Harbor. And was also a strict Catholic. Im sure he would have been all for helping them out also. It was who he was. I used to take him to the Vet hospital in Des Moines for ailments related to injuries he sustained at PH and he told me alot of stories but I dont remember him once complaining about the 'enemies' he fought in the war. My father on the other hand was a career Marine and spent time in Korea in the latter stages in the 50s and also a bit of time in Viet Nam at its beginnings,and he wouldnt even go to an Asian restaurant for dinner because of some kind of hatred he had. Everybody is different and has different feelings and opinions about things.

No,your not an *******. You are expressing your feelings and opinions,dont let any one suppress those in you,its your right. Just sayin..

wufee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much money are we going to send to Japan? With all the talk about recession and how much money we are barrowing from china and how bad the ecconomy is, why are all bleeding hearts calling for the government to go save and rebuild japan again
Doc

LOL, you guys need to get off doc's ass. It's a fair comment and question. Anyone want to tell me where the US would get the money to send to Japan. Should we go borrow some more from China and increase our deficit? You realize that we're broke. If we're running at a surplus and have unencumbered resourses, then sure let our benevalent nature shine thru, but otherwise, our economic disaster is probably as bad as Japan's physical disaster. BTW, the poster who's suggesting doc move to another country, because he's betraying America's generous spirit, is espousing weak sauce IMO.......Boys, we better fix our own disaster. Maybe, I'm an ******* too.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hiroshima today:
[Broken External Image]

Detroit today:
a1.bp.blogspot.com__cG2SV6Pnny4_Sh4Mt3GxmzI_AAAAAAAAC_8_XEtZ_UvYwgE_s400_fisherbody2.jpg

a2.bp.blogspot.com__cG2SV6Pnny4_Sh4MuNeN0TI_AAAAAAAAC_E_wUenyIwTV0E_s400_leeplaza1.jpg

I think Japan is perfectly capable of rebuilding without our help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom