I am ready for a vacation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to spend a week in the mountains. Do some hiking, Jeeping, relaxing, and refreshing the mind. lol

Me too. I think I am going to take her back to Florida later this year. I like the beach, but I love the mountains.

Beginning July 14, I'll be right at the base of a mountain near Colorado Springs in an RV park. Lots of stuff to see in that area, between Colorado Springs itself and the Royal Gorge outside of Canon City.

Only my "vacation" will be a 'long-term" one.

Come on up and we can talk cameras, or go use them.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Beginning July 14, I'll be right at the base of a mountain near Colorado Springs in an RV park. Lots of stuff to see in that area, between Colorado Springs itself and the Royal Gorge outside of Canon City.

How many more working days?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Some day.........Some day........

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Monday is our last day. I'll get in about 3 or 4 hours of work before lunch, then following lunch will be a 1 and 1/2 hour retirement "party," followed by out-processing beginning at 4:00 pm.

I'm no longer counting weeks, and I'm headed for the "slide" into home.

Then, a leisurely drive towards Colorado with a few stops along the way and Sunday night, July 13 in an RV park on Raton Pass. The next day to Mountaindale Cabins and RV Resort southwest of Colorado Springs.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Monday is our last day. I'll get in about 3 or 4 hours of work before lunch, then following lunch will be a 1 and 1/2 hour retirement "party," followed by out-processing beginning at 4:00 pm.
When it's my turn, I'm thinking about going out like John Kruk did when he retired from the Big Leagues--he came in from the field at the bottom of the inning, then just kept right on going up the tunnel to the locker room. Maybe I'll just go to lunch and not come back...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When it's my turn, I'm thinking about going out like John Kruk did when he retired from the Big Leagues--he came in from the field at the bottom of the inning, then just kept right on going up the tunnel to the locker room. Maybe I'll just go to lunch and not come back...

That's what I did.

Told them I would never work another overhaul like the 2 month 12 hours a day, 7 days a week nightmare we had just gone through. Then I was informed my crew was going to do a 2 week overhaul on a sub system, and then a month later do a short one month overhaul on the other unit.

April 1st. Walked into the office and mentioned to the HR that I was going to retire today.

HAHAHA they said, April fools!

Two hours later when I was carrying boxes into the parking lot, they finally realized I was serious.

Did all of my paper work over the phone and by mail.

You know when your done. It doesn't serve the company or yourself to stay a day longer.

Other than Marrying my wife and having kids, this is the most fun satisfying thing I've ever been through.

TerryMiller, your looking for the best time of your life. Every day is Friday.

Wake up when you want.

Go to bed when you want.

Make an hour long project into a week.

It looks to me you have already been in the planning stages for awhile. Good luck, and have a great time!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect that I will be doing something. If not working for pay, for whatever reason, maybe I'll find some way to volunteer somewhere. When not working, I'll try to be finding something to photograph. When the time comes, we'll begin our traveling.

Another saying that I've heard on the RV forums:

"I woke up this morning with absolutely NOTHING planned to do, and after striving all day I was very successful in not getting it done."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I'm always busy. Have some farms that keep me occupied, but now its not when I can work in the time to go to the farm, its getting there to work them at my leisure.

The days of working 12 hours, then running equipment and going back to work to sleep 3-4 hours in the parking lot, take a shower at work, and work another 12 hours doing the farm thing again for weeks on end during overhauls is over.

Since your moving away, you won't be inundated with requests from friends/family to take care of their chores. :D I don't mind helping them at all, but its on my schedule now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom