I did not shoot the dog, but probably should have.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh it's true....:P. I don't mean to be an ass, I really don't. I do think some people don't think through every decision as cynically as I may. Why assume the neighbor isn't carrying a weapon as well and love his dog more than you? I do, I mean I'm not looking to get in a fight but if my dog gets shot or someone tells me they did me a favor by not shooting my dog, it's not going to go down like they might think. I've never told anyone I was carrying a weapon (aside from people that need to know so they can react accordingly) and I don't see the purpose unless you're being a little too "self involved".

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Most of the time it's pretty easy to tell if a dog is approaching you aggressively or not. Ears back, neck fur up, teeth bared. It's not always easy to tell the difference if you don't have much experience around dogs and their behavior signs.

I'm not an expert, just spent a lot of time around dogs and did a lot of research on training a while ago.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you probably should have killed the dog for what? Approaching you? Being big?
Was the dog black?
Was it a pit bull?
Additionally, I don't understand how/why you walked to the rent house but drove back.
Do you store a car in the garage of your rent property?
Not a big deal, that just stuck out as strange in your story.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh it's true....:P. I don't mean to be an ass, I really don't. I do think some people don't think through every decision as cynically as I may. Why assume the neighbor isn't carrying a weapon as well and love his dog more than you? I do, I mean I'm not looking to get in a fight but if my dog gets shot or someone tells me they did me a favor by not shooting my dog, it's not going to go down like they might think. I've never told anyone I was carrying a weapon (aside from people that need to know so they can react accordingly) and I don't see the purpose unless you're being a little too "self involved".

Yep. Guess I'm probably a pompous ass, too ... along with the myriad other deficiencies that have been pointed out to me over the years ... :naughty: Like you I do wear my labels proudly! :withstupi:hey3:

:rotflmao:

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to know dogs can't even walk up to people anymore without being shot. You guys are such wonderful people! Hope none of you ever decide to pull on any of my dogs, because it might just be your last day on earth!

Latest posts

Top Bottom