I finally got one over on a pawnshop! LOL.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first and close to last game of golf I watched every one else tee off, figgered, "Yeah, I can do that." So I hit my ball, it goes straight for about 10 feet, then takes a 90 degree turn to the right, goes across the 9th fairway and out into a section road. So as every one else is walking down toward the 1st green, I'm crawling over a barb wire fence. Not sure of the rules, and definitely sure I didn't want to ruin a borrowed club on a gravel road, I threw the ball over the fence, back on to the 9th fairway and hit it again. It goes straight for about 10 feet, the takes a 45 degree turn to the right. "Well," thinks I, "I've got this figgered out." So I turn way back to the left before hitting the ball. It goes straight for about 10 feet, then takes a 75 degree turn to the left, and rolls back up to the 1st tee box. Everyone else is putting, and I've hit the ball three times, walked 200 yards, crawled over a fence twice, and am right back where I started.

Good luck to y'all, I wish you well. I'll stick to guns.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first and close to last game of golf I watched every one else tee off, figgered, "Yeah, I can do that." So I hit my ball, it goes straight for about 10 feet, then takes a 90 degree turn to the right, goes across the 9th fairway and out into a section road. So as every one else is walking down toward the 1st green, I'm crawling over a barb wire fence. Not sure of the rules, and definitely sure I didn't want to ruin a borrowed club on a gravel road, I threw the ball over the fence, back on to the 9th fairway and hit it again. It goes straight for about 10 feet, the takes a 45 degree turn to the right. "Well," thinks I, "I've got this figgered out." So I turn way back to the left before hitting the ball. It goes straight for about 10 feet, then takes a 75 degree turn to the left, and rolls back up to the 1st tee box. Everyone else is putting, and I've hit the ball three times, walked 200 yards, crawled over a fence twice, and am right back where I started.

Good luck to y'all, I wish you well. I'll stick to guns.

Thats pretty funny. I understand, I would too. I'm not that bad, no offense. LOL...

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest score I've ever found was when I found a "broken" 60gb original ps3 (the one with the emotion engine still built in, the best one IMO) for $100 at a pawn shop. Now I figured I could fix anything that was wrong with it for much less than the $400 difference for a new one. They even tried to talk me out of it "we wouldn't sell it if it didn't cost more to fix it than it was worth", but I bought it anyway.

I get it home, and plug it in, and there's audio, but no video. So I held down the power button for 5 seconds to reset the video source, and voila, turns out the guy that turned it in had been using HDMI, and all the pawn shop had to test it with was composite cables, lol, so I had a $500 PS3 for $100.

Latest posts

Top Bottom