I give up, the wife wins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having spent many years in the consumer electronics industry retail and R&D, I can help out a little here.
Brand- Samsung all the way.
Size- buy the biggest one you can fit. You can never go wrong with a slightly larger TV than you think you want/need.
LED vs LCD vs Plasma- Plasma is cheaper, but it is darker. It is the smoothest of all of the new designs, no motion blur. LED is the brightest and the most efficient. It is also the most expensive right now. You will find that occasionally there is some motion blur, especially in fast motion when it is not in focus- ie a train passing by with the station in focus- the train can be jittery. Other than that, LED is great, it literally looks like a window. I recently bought a Samsung 7900 series 55" 3D LED, it is stupid awesome.
Speakers- you will want a quality sound bar or surround sound system, the speakers in the flat screens suck, regardless of brand.
3D- Don't waste your money unless you really, really want it. The only reason I bought the 3D version was because my $3500 DLP mitsubishi got hit by lightning and the insurance company was writing the check. There will be far better 3D technology coming soon.

Sony, LG, some vizios are nice. Don't buy from walmart, they get crap products. A walmart TV would be ok for a bedroom or garage, but for your movies and real entertainment, you want something nice.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had several Samsungs, 1 was a plasma.

I will not do a plasma again do to hazing and stuck pixels. I understand this cna happen on lcd's but has never happened to me. When it happened on my plasma, Samsung said a certain number of stuck pixels is fine to them and they wont replace it until it gets to a certain number. They get annoying, my stuck pixel flashed red.

Latest posts

Top Bottom