I got mauled by a Bison today!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've not been there since I was a wee lad. They used to have a few giraffes out there, scared the crap out of my cousin once. On a seperate occasion an ostrich stuck his head in and proceeded to eat the entire bucket of feed we bought.
They had one giraffe that we saw. I think they used to have rhinos but they weren’t there. We fed an ostrich from our hands on the walking trail. It was very nice for an ostrich. It was sad. It was in there by itself and most of the feathers on its back were gone. You could see it’s skin. I don’t know what was wrong with it. It seemed happy to have someone there to talk to it and feed it. Made me sad. It even let me pet it and it was surprisingly gentle when it ate the food.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went through there the same day as you, around 5pm. We were driving back from Florida and my 4 yr old has never been so we decided to stop in. Probably not the best time being in the evening and all the animals were already full and tired. But we did get Buffalo drool down the side of the truck and had to deal with that Camel that didn't want to pull its head out of the truck. And those Goats are something else. My daughter loved it though, so it was worth it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went through there the same day as you, around 5pm. We were driving back from Florida and my 4 yr old has never been so we decided to stop in. Probably not the best time being in the evening and all the animals were already full and tired. But we did get Buffalo drool down the side of the truck and had to deal with that Camel that didn't want to pull its head out of the truck. And those Goats are something else. My daughter loved it though, so it was worth it.

If you ever get the chance to go to Colorado Springs' Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, by all means go, especially with the kids. Their walkway at the pen for the Giraffes is at the height of the Giraffe. One can buy "greens" nearby to feed to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom