I gotta brag on me grandson...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My oldest grandson, Tater (his real name is Eli) is a typical 11 year old boy. He plays Fortnite and Minecraft on his phone. He plays baseball and basketball, but competitive swim is his main sport. He loves to fish and hunt and is an awesome, red blooded young man. He gets on to me for my foul mouth and if I promise him something, he makes me stick to it.

But I never thought he had this in him...

Yesterday at school, he was walking down the hall and his best friend had a young lady cornered. He wasn't assaulting her (yet) but Tater could sense it would probably be heading that way quickly. He stepped in and told his friend to leave her alone. His buddy did the typical, "who's gonna make me?" At which Eli answered, "I am." The two boys had a stare down for a few minutes and finally, his friend walked away, turned and called Eli a whole bunch of offensive things, to which my grandson replied, "what are you, in kindergarten or something?"

I can remember when I was in school, you always had you're best buddy's back, no matter what. Luckily, I never had to deal with one of my friends taking advantage of a young lady like this. I told Tater that his best buddy will probably hate him for the rest of his life. Tater simply shrugged and said, "oh well. I was just trying to do the right thing."

Chivalry is obviously, not dead. I told him I was so proud.

By the way, I nicknamed him "Tater" because when he was born, his head was elongated like a big ol' baked potater, so it just kinda stuck.
IMG955584.jpg
20201127_191452.jpg
IMG956240.jpg
FB_IMG_1604870789731.jpg
20200906_223957.jpg

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP, your post has struck me to such a degree I don't know what to say. Other than, thank you. I sincerely thank you for posting it. What a great start to my day.

edit: Were I to meet him, I'd shake his hand and say "Welcome to the class of men known as Gentlemen."

Latest posts

Top Bottom