I hate it when the news wants opinions on gun laws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually never respond to the poll type questions they post on FB, but I did this time simply due to some of the idiotic things that were being posted. Most of the responses weren't even articulate arguments against OC, they were illiterate rants from morons saying things like" it gonna be wild west fo sho", and other misc garbage. If you haven't seen it, you should take a look because it is retarded to the extreme.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who openly carries deserves the negative attention it will draw... I can appreciate that I don't have to worry about printing/flashing/accidentally showing my carry weapon, but I can't wait to just watch those "Duke's" out there... Walking around like self proclaimed bad@sses... Feeling all tough, oblivious they've just become the first target. I can't wait to watch.
And may I ask ...Whats the difference open carrying and letting your gun print or flash(....its still being seen).
Do you think those looking for targets wont notice your gun printing...just a little.....would that make you the second ...target?
Dont you feel just a...little oblivous now....concealed IS concealed

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I for one will stay up until midnight 10/31, to observe what differences occur to make me "dumber" or more "macho". I will try to resist the urge to "swagger" or give the impression of "tough guy/mall ninja". If I feel any sudden changes I will lock my formerly concealed gun up at home, lest I may scare some citizen who already has a poor opinion of gun owners.
I will however, openly carry my muzzleloader in the presence of unarmed and anti-gun deer on Nov.1st.

I sure hope I don't lose my sense of humor and general loveableness......

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually started this thread as a gripe about when the media posts one of these stories, all the gun haters come out of the woodwork. They hate open carry, concealed carry and even OWNERSHIP! It's sucks because there are a lot more haters out there than we realize who want to curtail ALL our rights even in a "red" state like Oklahoma. I think whether you agree with it or not, we need to stick together on 2nd amendment issues and stick up for each other against those who are the REAL enemy.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who openly carries deserves the negative attention it will draw... I can't wait to just watch those "Duke's" out there... Walking around like self proclaimed bad@sses... Feeling all tough, oblivious they've just become the first target. I can't wait to watch.

Riiiiiiight...

Because all of us who currently CC and have done it responsibly for years without incident (what's the rate of CC permits cxld every year in OK? something less than .001%) will all of a sudden turn into raving lunatics just itching to pull our guns and start blowing stuff away because now we carry open. Or maybe the quoted poster is referring to those few who may choose to OC their BBQ guns in a $300 fancy tooled leather holster (just like some guys like to drive fancy cars and show 'em off).

As far as the claim that they'll be "Walking around like self proclaimed bad@sses... Feeling all tough..." - sounds a lot like what psychiatrists call projecting to me. Maybe that poster should take a good hard look at himself before going off on the community and those who may choose to OC.

OC isn't a problem anywhere else in the US but it will be in Oklahoma? What makes us different?

Really?

Serious question.

What makes us different?

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get an answer please let me know I have been asking the question all morning. Some liberal minded people just give there opinion with no basis or support. Like I said there are 7 states that don't allow some form of OC and I have yet to see some major news story of "it turning into the wild west"anywhere????

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get an answer please let me know I have been asking the question all morning. Some liberal minded people just give there opinion with no basis or support. Like I said there are 7 states that don't allow some form of OC and I have yet to see some major news story of "it turning into the wild west"anywhere????
Exactly. Also, if people studied History, they would know that the "Wild West" wasn't as wild as the movies depict. Not by a long shot. Westerns are fun to watch, but not an accurate representation of life in the Old West.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I for one will stay up until midnight 10/31, to observe what differences occur to make me "dumber" or more "macho". I will try to resist the urge to "swagger" or give the impression of "tough guy/mall ninja". If I feel any sudden changes I will lock my formerly concealed gun up at home, lest I may scare some citizen who already has a poor opinion of gun owners.
I will however, openly carry my muzzleloader in the presence of unarmed and anti-gun deer on Nov.1st.

I sure hope I don't lose my sense of humor and general loveableness......

Well said Dude! :)

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a "liberal minded" gun nut, and I'm not trying to pile everyone into one sack. Inevitably, hysteria will overtake the general public when seeing guns out and about. Local media will stay true to track record and find the most ignorant 2A person out there raving about how it's "his god-given right" to openly carry, and the overall view of our crowd will suffer. Primarily because the general population is uniformed and under-educated to the matter at hand.

I support open carry cause, and hate that it required legislation beyond our bill of rights. But I'll stand by my statement of opinion. (opinions are infallible by the way) Any person who wants that attention deserves that attention. My opinion is open carry will do more harm to the 2A popular opinion than any good that will come from it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom