I have decided that what's left of my life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you must do ice cream this is THE one!
783c63ef6f627b436f819202ae320dee.jpg
Looks like mid-summer bear scat.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Braum's Ice Cream give me gas. Now, Braum's Hot Links are the very finest Hot Links there are. A true culinary delight. And yeah, they give me gas too; but gas is to be expected from a Hot Link and not so much from Ice Cream.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree Braums should stick to milk, ice cream and butter. It still beats Sonic imo. Their ice cream tastes sour and they can screw up an order for a glass of water.

The last time I went into a Braums, I asked for a burger, fries and a small frozen yogurt. The lady behind the register said she couldn’t sell me that because the register wouldn’t accept it, that I had to order a small drink instead. I realized she was trying to ring it up as a combo meal and had to slowly explain to her that I didn’t want a combo meal, I wanted a burger, an order of fries and a small frozen yogurt. On the third time I explained it, she rung it up.

Some of y'all need to move outta state for a couple of years. A buddy and I actually discussed trying to get a Braums franchise out in commiefornia because there was NOTHING that even came close to being as good. All there was was Baskins Robbins and the little marble slab type boutique shops. Some of the small ones were good but NOTHING compares to Braums that you can just run grab on your way home from work. We were figuring how many reefer trucks we'd need and everything. We should have tried it. *sigh*

I can’t confirm if it’s true or not, but I used to work with a guy who worked at Braums as a second job. He told me that their philosophy was to sell fresh food and ice cream. The locations of the farthest stores from the central location depended on how far a delivery truck could drive in one day. If it was farther than that, they wouldn’t build a store there.

When I was in the eighth grade in Norman we got a new student teacher for Math. Her name was Becky Braum. As soon as she said her name, my hand shot up and I asked if she was related to Braums Ice cream. She said she was. Being the smart butt that I was I told her that I was looking forward to an ice cream party the last day of school. Sure enough, on the last day of school there was a cooler full of Braums ice cream waiting for us.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Braum's Ice Cream give me gas. Now, Braum's Hot Links are the very finest Hot Links there are. A true culinary delight. And yeah, they give me gas too; but gas is to be expected from a Hot Link and not so much from Ice Cream.

Have you ever bought hot links from the little hole in the wall meat market on SE 29th street just west of Eastern Avenue on the north side of the street? They sell links they call X, XX, and XXX. The more X’s, the hotter the links.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever bought hot links from the little hole in the wall meat market on SE 29th street just west of Eastern Avenue on the north side of the street? They sell links they call X, XX, and XXX. The more X’s, the hotter the links.

Roger’s Meat Market. Great place. I’ve been going there for 40 years. Love that they are making jerky again, too.
They also opened a location in Newcastle a couple of years ago. Good people.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Braum's hot links are the devil! The very devil incarnate! Run away! RUN AWAY!!!!
I find them acceptable.

I was really digging the smoked version of Schwab hot links labeled El Cortez or something like that, but the last bunch I got didn't seem the same.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t confirm if it’s true or not, but I used to work with a guy who worked at Braums as a second job. He told me that their philosophy was to sell fresh food and ice cream. The locations of the farthest stores from the central location depended on how far a delivery truck could drive in one day. If it was farther than that, they wouldn’t build a store there.

That’s what is told when taking the tour of the plant. Very interesting tour.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Same kinda story as In'N'Out, which is why we don't have one in OK. :(

Braum's hot links are the devil! The very devil incarnate! Run away! RUN AWAY!!!!

I find them acceptable.

They're fine going in, not my favorite, but they're ok.... it's later, coming out that they become liquid molten hot magma liberally laced with radioactive plutonium and Carolina Reaper juice.

I'll take a hard pass on those from now until... forever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom