I Love Westerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could watch Chato's land over and over again.

All of Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns and the John Wayne movies from the 60's and 70's.

The Lonesome Dove mini series was great. You almost felt immersed in the times and lives of the characters.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could watch Chato's land over and over again.

All of Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns and the John Wayne movies from the 60's and 70's.

The Lonesome Dove mini series was great. You almost felt immersed in the times and lives of the characters.

Agreed, but if you read the book, it's better. I know it's pretty hard to beat the mini series, it is probably the best ever done and it follows the book very well, but the book really is better.

Don't forget Dances with Wolves to JB. Fantastic filmography (is that a word?) and the plot was great, though the film's ending is a bit different from the book.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Josey Wales is my #1, then Rio Bravo, El Dorado, The Shootist, The Cowboys, Big Jake and Tombstone

You, sir, have extraordinary taste. I'd say Big Jake is my #1 (only because John Wayne reminds me of my Grampa so much in it), Josey Wales is almost #1, then The Searchers, The Shootist, El Dorado, and Tombstone.

I also like Paul Newman in Hombre and The Left Handed Gun

Latest posts

Top Bottom