I miss Edmond Denny's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the some times poor service or most of their food, but they had a bourbon chicken skillet thing I really liked. Seems to be only 3 Denny's left in the OKC area and now their menu does not list it. Luckily I found a copycat recipe and will be trying to make a littler diabetic friendly version. Tastebuds can not wait.

https://www.food.com/recipe/denny-s-copycat-bourbon-chicken-skillet-538443

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw on facebook yesterday a meme...."Denny's is Waffle House without the fights".....lol
I would rather go to a good Mom & Pop diner but they are getting few and far between. Nowadays everybody is either a chain or a boutique restaurant. Read as yuppie food.

Do you know how hard it is just to find a good ole hamburger steak anymore? Most places smash to hamburger patties together and call it a steak. Wrong Biden breath! Texas Roadhouse has the best I have found lately with their "Road Kill" I had that last night with some green beans and a baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon. Yum.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had Dennys in Norman a while ago. They were advertising some huge Tavern burger with a half lb patty. Wasn't bad at all.

I always feel bad because it seems like the employees there are struggling in life and have no help from management though. It's usually some middle aged lady who is doing a really good job and is on her feet all day long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom