I need someone who can kill some grass and weeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The salt method works very well, that is all the city ahd ODOT do to control the medians arounds the highways.

ODOTdoesn't kill the grass on medians, we do however pay thousands to have erosion controle put in place on new projects (grass placement, watering and fertilizer) so it would be pretty counter productive to kill the grass we spent thousands on in the first place.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rock Salt / Road Salt would be very effective and last a long time. I have to second all the concerns with erosion though. If it starts eroding, you'll likely wish you had just mowed it now and then.

Most municipalities have a rule where they have to notify you before they can mow it for you and charge you. So I'd just ignore it and only mow(brushHog) when you get a notice.

A neighbor got a $250 ticket in the mail last year for not mowing hers. If you don't pay it, you get a lean put on your house.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arson would be an option. Not a wise one though.

That being said, DO mow/ knock down the bulk of the grass, wait for new growth and hit it with herbicide (add a squirt of Dawn dish detergent to each fill of your sprayer) first, then sterilant right on the fence line itself.
Next spring, hit it early.

Latest posts

Top Bottom