I Need To Kill Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you pouring a concrete footer? I would recommend it, I did and I never regretted spending the extra money.
If you find something that permanently sterilizes the soil, let me know.
I still use MSMA.

Where do you get MSMA? I have a healthy crop of sand burs getting started again, and I'd like them to...not.

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used pramitol on more than a few civil and private projects and it works great. It's a soil sterilizer so make sure you completely get rid of all vegetation before you apply it. Also read up on it, stuff is extremely volatile.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you get MSMA? I have a healthy crop of sand burs getting started again, and I'd like them to...not.

Surflan is the chemical to get rid of sand burrs. Its a pre-emergent that has to be watered in before 20 days to be effective. It does other weeds as well, but its the best for sand burrs.

MSMA has been taken off the public market.

It can still be bought at COOP's. You MUST state its to be used on golf courses, football fields, etc.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should be careful when using the Hyvar..My neighbor sprayed about a 12 inch swat along his fence...After the next rain he had a 3 to 4 foot dead zone..the stuff will really leach out if you're not careful..

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you use Hyvar, you might regret it. My tree business gets a calls every year from people that have used this stuff. It leaches under ground and will travel. People spray their fence row and end up killing their trees that may be located as far as 100 feet away. Good ol brush killer mixed with some diesel or Dawn will usually do the trick. I leave the soil sterilizer to oil field pads where it is used quite a bit.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should be careful when using the Hyvar..My neighbor sprayed about a 12 inch swat along his fence...After the next rain he had a 3 to 4 foot dead zone..the stuff will really leach out if you're not careful..

This. And if your spraying it next to a neighbors fence, you kill their soil, you pay. I was hired to dig up a three foot wide by three foot deep fence line because a guy sprayed something that killed the soil and it went over into his neighbors yard. Cost him some money for me to dig it all up and haul it away and then back fill it with fresh top soil. So be careful what you spray up against a neighbors fence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom