I Need To Kill Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how they get away with selling MSMA pesticide, but you can still buy it in large or small quantities.

They still sell it to applicators that manage large properties. Problem was that idiots were putting it on their lawns in amounts that would make ants form mandibles out the top of their head.

There is no approved pesticide, herbicide, pre emergent, etc that doesn't carry some cautions other than drowning or squashing the bugs.

I know ^^^ this last sentence is made for jest, but don't beat me up too bad. :D

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I guess the chemical was not banned, the usage dates were recinded, just restricted. It is ok to sell this product as long as it is used per the label printed on the container. "MSMA liquid herbicide for selective post-emergent weed control on Cotton, Golf courses and Sod farms, and Highway Rights-of-Way".

It sounds like if you have some old stuff laying around you can use it up as long as the label specifies how you are using it ( residential? ) p.s. keep the bottle for refills haha. The new stuff is restricted to the uses mentioned above only.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just need to put something on some vines, small shrubs, stumps, and weeds that will make them wither and not come back and try to tear down my plants. I'm leaning towards diesel and sodium nitrate at the moment, strictly due to cost effectiveness. Also looking at getting some Brush Killer.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pasture Clear is a cheap alternative to Roundup that you get a tractor supply or atwoods. Same active ingredient and it will not "permanently" harm the soil but will kill anything it touches. Just beware around bermuda, line trim the area first, as bermuda spreads and will take the poison back to the root.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are dozens of chemicals that will do the same thing.

Each company that packages these chemicals puts their buzz name on it for the most part.

I'd sure like to see them label it by content. Glyphosate has a dozen different names depending on the company selling it.

I understand some are still under patent names, but when they are out, lets get real and get them named accordingly.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This guy lives down the road from me a few miles. The fence lines around all of his properties including his farm ground has been treated with Hyvarr twice in the last 20 years. You can see outside the fence around that angled pipe that was treated with Roundup, the difference between the two treatments.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20150425_112249_zps17fwvozn.jpg

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just need to put something on some vines, small shrubs, stumps, and weeds that will make them wither and not come back and try to tear down my plants. I'm leaning towards diesel and sodium nitrate at the moment, strictly due to cost effectiveness. Also looking at getting some Brush Killer.
Garlon applied around base of tree, stump or woody plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom