I Need To Kill Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having a new fence installed, and several of the folks that bid on it recommended that I get rid of the vegetation (small trees/shrubs/vines), and I have a Guatemalan coming out Saturday to do just that. But after the new fence is installed, I would like to create a "dead zone" about 1' on either side of the fence. To do this, I had thought of putting diesel and stump killer on there, but I thought I'd ask you guys because I figured a couple of you had done something like this before.

So, any recommendations on how to kill plants and make sure that they stay gone?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Dupont Hyvar.............sterilizes the soil and lasts for a long time, a year or longer depending on conditions. MAKE SURE it's not going to rain for a several days after application. It will run off and sterilize where ever it runs off........but it works really well.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+10 for Dupont Hyvarr. Still will nuke all plant live, and make sure it doesn't rain for a few days after apply. It will kill your yard, and won't come back for a long time.

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having a new fence installed, and several of the folks that bid on it recommended that I get rid of the vegetation (small trees/shrubs/vines), and I have a Guatemalan coming out Saturday to do just that. But after the new fence is installed, I would like to create a "dead zone" about 1' on either side of the fence. To do this, I had thought of putting diesel and stump killer on there, but I thought I'd ask you guys because I figured a couple of you had done something like this before.

So, any recommendations on how to kill plants and make sure that they stay gone?

I use Graze On (brand name) to kill unwanted brush and weeds, will kill trees also, and use Roundup Max (brand name) along fences and around machinery where I don't want any vegetation. Either one is not permanent and will have to be reapplied as need, usually 2 or 3 times a year. I use it because I don,t want the permanent sterilization of the soil.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you pouring a concrete footer? I would recommend it, I did and I never regretted spending the extra money.
If you find something that permanently sterilizes the soil, let me know.
I still use MSMA.

Last edited:

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other stuff they said or Triox (Ground Clear) works pretty well also. I use the stuff around the churches playground to keep all the junk dead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom