I40 Memphis Bridge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After talking to the wife we may just go for it and take the chance. I am estimating that we will go through there around 10am - 10:30am next Tuesday morning so maybe not so bad.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After talking to the wife we may just go for it and take the chance. I am estimating that we will go through there around 10am - 10:30am next Tuesday morning so maybe not so bad.
If you want to take the scenic route, you can cross the Mississippi on US49 (IIRC) at West Helena, AR. It'll put you in MS not far from the west end of I-69. The main highways there are pretty good (at least on the MS side), and there wasn't a whole lot of traffic the times I've been there. It's also close to Tunica, so there should be some decent hotels there if you were planning on stopping around Memphis. (The Hampton Inn in Hernando, MS, was pretty nice, and it's right off I-22 not far south of Memphis.)

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to take the scenic route, you can cross the Mississippi on US49 (IIRC) at West Helena, AR. It'll put you in MS not far from the west end of I-69. The main highways there are pretty good (at least on the MS side), and there wasn't a whole lot of traffic the times I've been there. It's also close to Tunica, so there should be some decent hotels there if you were planning on stopping around Memphis. (The Hampton Inn in Hernando, MS, was pretty nice, and it's right off I-22 not far south of Memphis.)
Great!!!
Thanks for the info @SoonerP226

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any updates/ anecdotal accounts recently?
My wife and I went into Memphis via the I-55 workaround on Thursday and it was a freaking nightmare. It took us about an hour and a half to go 10 miles. The Interstate was backed up for miles. The GPS had us rerouted through a bunch of less than safe looking neighborhood streets. I think if I were to do it again, I'd just wait it out on the Interstate.

I don't know how the route into Memphis is today, but coming back through on I-55 to come home was a breeze.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2021-5-24_9-40-24.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom