I'd like to take my wife horseback riding and stay at a lodge/resort.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In August.

Only I'd like to go to an elevation that ensures cool temps. With a luxurious resort? Maybe even some dynamite trout fishing.

Oh, and within a 12 hour drive of Tulsa.

Recommendations.

thanx bros

Glocksteady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe Inn Of The Mountain Gods in Ruidoso, New Mexico. Santa Fe is very expensive. Maybe someplace around Angel Fire. Colorado Springs seems a little toasty for now. Flagstaff, AZ is awesome. You got the Grand Canyon north, Sedona south, great vacation. I think it's about 14 hours straight down I-40.

Glocksteady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a LOT to do in the Colorado Springs area. I love to vacation there. I would still avoid the area like the Plague. that fire is horrific, and the whole area around Pike's Peak is chaos.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of times trail horses get barn sour. What will happen is they will only go a few hundred yards from the barn and want to go back. If you get one you will be fighting it the whole time, which makes for a very unpleasant ride. If you get one that's really bad, it can hurt you because noting you can do will keep it from the barn. Just be careful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom