If anyone is having trouble receiving notifications...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please PM me and I'll look through the logs to find what happened. We do have proper reverse DNS records as well as SPF records which is what most providers want to see. And we don't appear on any of the 100+ major blacklists and the IP addresses don't have a history of being there, either. However, some (one that stands out is Hotmail) appears to be accepting them and then dropping them before they actually give it to you. As in we get a response in the logs that says that particular message was accepted by their servers, yet users have reported never receiving the email, so technically the email was in the provider's hands. It's like your gated community guard signing for a package but never bringing it to you.

One possible work around would be to add us to your addressbook as some hosts' filters use your addressbook as a last test. The email that all notifications should be sent from is [email protected].

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Technology is wonderful ---- when it is working.

For myself, I work off of Sprint with a dongle, no different than you get on a cellphone. (I live in the country) My IP address is either in Dallas or Atlanta or KC from day to day. I own my own DNS email website, so mine usually gets to me.

You IT guys that have to figure all this mumbo jumbo amaze me. You keep finding ways to do the impossible working with those little ones and zeros in the background. That reminds me of a song, Pinball Wizard, ---How do you think he does it? --- I don't know --- How can he be that good------

Thanks for being so persistent to keep it working.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Veggie Meat fixed me in a total of about 20 seconds. And I'm THAT GUY at work who keeps the IT guys employed!!! Thanks Veggie!!!!!!

By the way, there at 10 types of people who understand binary- Those who get it and those who don't.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom