If I Ruled the World ... 😡😡😡😡

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a good look, but the only legit explanation I can think of is he maybe was sarcastically comparing it to Treasury Sec Janet Yellen’s eugenic claim that abortions helped lead to increased labor-force participation among women & was therefore economically beneficial. Yellen got in trouble for that statement .

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The older I get the more convinced I am that it doesn't matter what they say they are -- R, D, I and everything else out there in the political spectrum -- they are all power hungry, evil people.
At the risk of repeating myself, you could say that's the common ethos of the political class.

But let me for a moment play devil's advocate. As I sit here multitasking, I just put a discussion between Jordan Peterson and Dr. Richard Linzen about climate science on pause. I'm at the part where they'd mentioned the introduction of Malthusian Theory into climate science. The current GACC "consensus" leads me to believe most of these people are quasi-eugenicists at heart. They believe that humans can control the earth's climate, therefore they believe they can control anything within its operational sphere, to include human nature and the size of our set.

The people this particular Republican is debating, are attempting to put a dollar value on the death of an abused human child (which they set at $1.5M dollars). He then puts up an absurd counterpoint that couldn't it in fact be argued to be a cost savings, due to a reduction in needed government services? To which the other side responds "The loss of a child is unmeasurable."

Well, which is it? Is it unmeasurable? Or is it $1.5M dollars? Because that's the problem with pursuing economic fallacies, they never quantify the true value of any human life. They don't even accurately measure the estimated economic value of human life, because there's no reasonable way to do such a thing unless you're an insurance actuary examining a claim. And if you're not an insurance actuary, even mentioning economic value of a human life in any other context is like asking whether you should tell your sister-in-law she's fat!!!

So what I notice about the "NEWSWEEK" article is that they headlined it "Alaska Republican Touts Benefits of Children Being Abused to Death" (they also juxtaposed a heartstring snapping photo of a supposedly abused child against a picture of the evil Republican). That is a bald-faced lie. He never once "touted the benefits", he merely asked an economic question in response to an economic supposition. In fact it's just as likely a murdered child who was severely abused would cost society $1.5M to manage over their lifetime, as it is they'd produce $1.5M in economic benefits for society.

But that's not the point and it never was. Bringing up economics in the discussion was a stupid idea to begin with, and he didn't introduce it. They did. They who are the same type of bleeding hearts as those who believe they can control the earth's climate and manage humans like cattle or plants.

I love ya Gurl, but they pulled at your heartstrings and misled you. They assumed we'd all agree with them, not because they're good and the Republican is evil, but because they were manipulating our opinions and know they get away with it more often than not. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a good look, but the only legit explanation I can think of is he maybe was sarcastically comparing it to Treasury Sec Janet Yellen’s eugenic claim that abortions helped lead to increased labor-force participation among women & was therefore economically beneficial. Yellen got in trouble for that statement .
I just now read this and we're on the same train of thought!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the risk of repeating myself, you could say that's the common ethos of the political class.

But let me for a moment play devil's advocate. As I sit here multitasking, I just put a discussion between Jordan Peterson and Dr. Richard Linzen about climate science on pause. I'm at the part where they'd mentioned the introduction of Malthusian Theory into climate science. The current GACC "consensus" leads me to believe most of these people are quasi-eugenicists at heart. They believe that humans can control the earth's climate, therefore they believe they can control anything within its operational sphere, to include human nature and the size of our set.

The people this particular Republican is debating, are attempting to put a dollar value on the death of an abused human child (which they set at $1.5M dollars). He then puts up an absurd counterpoint that couldn't it in fact be argued to be a cost savings, due to a reduction in needed government services? To which the other side responds "The loss of a child is unmeasurable."

Well, which is it? Is it unmeasurable? Or is it $1.5M dollars? Because that's the problem with pursuing economic fallacies, they never quantify the true value of any human life. They don't even accurately measure the estimated economic value of human life, because there's no reasonable way to do such a thing unless you're an insurance actuary examining a claim. And if you're not an insurance actuary, even mentioning economic value of a human life in any other context is like asking whether you should tell your sister-in-law she's fat!!!

So what I notice about the "NEWSWEEK" article is that they headlined it "Alaska Republican Touts Benefits of Children Being Abused to Death" (they also juxtaposed a heartstring snapping photo of a supposedly abused child against a picture of the evil Republican). That is a bald-faced lie. He never once "touted the benefits", he merely asked an economic question in response to an economic supposition. In fact it's just as likely a murdered child who was severely abused would cost society $1.5M to manage over their lifetime, as it is they'd produce $1.5M in economic benefits for society.

But that's not the point and it never was. Bringing up economics in the discussion was a stupid idea to begin with, and he didn't introduce it. They did. They who are the same type of bleeding hearts as those who believe they can control the earth's climate and manage humans like cattle or plants.

I love ya Gurl, but they pulled at your heartstrings and misled you. They assumed we'd all agree with them, not because they're good and the Republican is evil, but because they were manipulating our opinions and know they get away with it more often than not. :(

Oh nope. That's not it at all -- I just HATE people. 😉

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The older I get the more convinced I am that it doesn't matter what they say they are -- R, D, I and everything else out there in the political spectrum -- they are all power hungry, evil people.
1677102167375.png
always liked those t-shirts

Latest posts

Top Bottom