If the county's tree falls on my property....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...do they clean it up? It's the strip of land between my fence and the road. The tree was on that strip of land, fell over onto my fence and my field. Half the tree is still on county property. The other half on my fence and my property.

Who's liable for cleanup?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This oughta be good.
Nick Offerman Popcorn GIF by NBC

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really depends on the county commissioner and whether they want to help or not i have seen it go both ways but i know personally that mine has done clean up when i had a tree fall it was half in the road and half on our property and they came out and got the entire tree cleaned up.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Technically the county doesn't own any trees they only have a easement which allows them and utilities to do work along the roadway, I guess i should have added in my earlier post that i had a direct line to my commissioners private cell phone since i would help them do certain jobs that they didn't have the equipment to do and i did, so i scratch your back and you scratch mine sort of thing.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is an easement. Your taxable property line is CENTER OF ROAD. You can't build on the easement, but they can tell you that it is your problem.

You can't stop power line, tree butchers from chopping trees, but they will fix fence they tear up, only half ass patch.

Don't expect anything and be grateful for any help / service you get. Chances are, you won't get much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom